PDA

View Full Version : What are the positives and negatives of Ultimate Bet?

sigurrostyp
08-06-2004, 04:39 PM
I have heard both good and bad things about Ultimate Bet and want to know what people think about their setup.

Dov
08-06-2004, 05:02 PM
I haven't played there in a while, but the only reason was that they don't offer hand histories in bulk.

I loved their mini table display. I could get 8 nonoverlapping tables at a time up, if I wanted to.

The competition at UB seems to be a little tougher than at other sites.

Other than that, I had no problems with it.

Hope this helps.

pokerjo22
08-06-2004, 05:35 PM
Definitely faster play than the other sites, and IMHO nicer software. Games are supposed to be tougher, but they have an accurate % seeing flop stat in the lobby, and by exercising good table selection I've not had any problems finding easy opponents, and I'm not even a very good player. Oh and theres not as much turnover of players at the table. You can play the same group of people all night. I kinda like that.

Blarg
08-06-2004, 08:51 PM
Party can drive me crazy that way. Tables are very frequently busting apart, and if one or two guys leave, it starts a race for the exit.

Then you get a list of tables that has many unfilled tables with huge waiting lists so it takes forever to get a table. Go to a table that says it does have a spot, and it says it's filled when you get there, if only by a "reserved" seat. Look at the table listing when you get out, and it says there's still a spot open.

threadkiller
08-06-2004, 08:53 PM
I am playing .25/.50 at UB and cheap MT tournaments at Pokerstars. What I like about UB is that they show the hands of everybody that does not fold. At my levels, watching a few hand histories in real time (even though I have to do it manually) identifies the true fish very quickly.

But I'm not sure I'd stay at UB if I was to eventually graduate to a level like 2/4.

sigurrostyp
08-07-2004, 12:12 AM
Thankyou everyone the information you have all given me is basically what I wanted to think of Ultimate Bet's setup.

Party Poker has the whole we are here to drink and play every hand which means a lot of bad starting hands winning pots.

Losing all
08-07-2004, 12:19 AM
UB points are nothing special, but a bonus compared to nothing (if you don't get rake back) at Party. That's really about the only plus I can think of.

Game selection is terrible. Sng's can sit n wait for a long time in off peak hours. Way less players, and the % of them that are fish is much lower. The multi's can be silly. example, 50+5 today, EIGHT players.