PDA

View Full Version : Affiliate: Why sign up through one, instead of becoming one?

Beck
08-06-2004, 03:25 PM
I just made a post, looking for an affiliate for Pacifik to get a rakeback. but since everybody apparwntly can become affiliates, could someone please tell me why I just shouldn't sign up myself?
Why give some % of my rake to an affiliate, instead of keeping it all? As well as being able to sign up other people?

TxSteve
08-06-2004, 03:28 PM
Affiliates aren't "allowed" to play under their own affiliate tag. I suppose the threat is there, that if someone were caught doing that; they could have their affiliate account taken away.

So, most people become affiliates, so that they can recruit players; in whatever manner they choose; so that they can make some profit from those players. But this doesn't bring any reward for their own play.

People who are looking for an affiliate are typically looking for a rake kickback.

bpb
08-06-2004, 03:29 PM
Because it is against the T&C of every affiliate program I've seen.

But then again, its also against the T&C to offer rakebacks ... so unless Party (or whomever) starts stepping up enforcement, its probably worth a shot.

Beck
08-06-2004, 03:34 PM
OK, so basically I could sign up through someone else, in order to get a rake kick back on my own play? And then sign up as a an affiliate in order to "recruit" others"

Guess what I'm asking is: If I ever plan signing up as an affiliate (to profit from others eoples play) will I hurt myself by signing up through someone else now for my own play? The way I read your response is, that that would be the "correct" way to do it?

TxSteve
08-06-2004, 03:37 PM
That's right.

An affiliate account is completely separate from a playing account.

adamstewart
08-06-2004, 03:38 PM
Haha, while reading this post, I was going to refer him/her to "TxSteve."

But I see you already beat me to the punch. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Beck
08-06-2004, 03:44 PM
Splendid. thanks a lot for the quick response /images/graemlins/smile.gif