PDA

View Full Version : Quick notes on 10/20 PP.

Peter_rus
08-06-2004, 02:54 PM
Just moved to 10/20 6max from 5/10 and my first investigations are:

1. There are more LAGs as well as TAGs and much less passive callers. LAGs are more good than callers as they pay huge when they are behind while callers just call down.

2. I find much more amount of river-bluff and it surprised me much. My % of winning on high cards move up significally.

3. Much more PF activity. I start 3-betting much more often to burn marginal raises of my opponents. Also as well much less respect to raiser. Betting onto raiser on flop is normal thing.

4. There are more bluff turn raises especially from decent players.

5. Regular TAGs here more aggressive than in 5/10. Just because people fold more i think. Also there are around twice times more TAGs than in 5/10.

6. A bit less players see flop.

7. HU people fold less than in 5/10 while multi-way - more.

Am i missing something?

CORed
08-06-2004, 03:35 PM
I think your analysis is pretty good. I would add that the biggest weakness of the typical 10/20 6 max Party players is pre-flop play. A lot of them play pretty well post-flop, but either raise or limp in with some absolute crap pre-flop. If you can play a solid pre-flop game, and play as well as they do post-flop, you can make good money.

The Dude
08-06-2004, 05:26 PM
Welcome to the games. I just started playing them a couple weeks ago myself. TheDude2004 will watch out for you.

Ulysses
08-06-2004, 05:40 PM
That is a near perfect analysis. A lot of those reasons explain why this game is significantly higher variance than the 5/10 game.

Ulysses
08-06-2004, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would add that the biggest weakness of the typical 10/20 6 max Party players is pre-flop play.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's incorrect. The biggest weakness of the typical player is giving far too much action post-flop.

Schneids
08-06-2004, 05:43 PM
I hope this doesn't spark any controversy:

8. Semi-bluff raising is a practically useless tool unless you're doing it in a multi-way pot for value.

stripsqueez
08-06-2004, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hope this doesn't spark any controversy:

8. Semi-bluff raising is a practically useless tool unless you're doing it in a multi-way pot for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

i know what you mean but i think it still has a regular place if your targetting the right players at the right time

i steal the odd pot this way against players who can fold and when my draw isnt too obvious

stripsqueez - chickenhawk