PDA

View Full Version : Funny news item

Boris
08-06-2004, 02:40 PM
Obviously its a slow day at the office for me. I laughed my ass off reading this story.

Toe licker lurking (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2004/08/06/international1044EDT0551.DTL)
Toe-licking could become a criminal offense in the Netherlands after a man who licked the toes of several women was released by police without charges.

The toe-licker, whose name was not released, was arrested in Rotterdam earlier this week after a woman who had been sunbathing said he unexpectedly licked her bare foot.

Other women had also complained, and the 35-year-old man has reportedly been pursuing his fetish for years, but prosecutors in Rotterdam said they are powerless to stop him.

"A lick over the foot doesn't qualify as a crime: there has to be some kind of objective sex act committed," said prosecution spokesman Cees van Spierenburg in the Rotterdam Daily newspaper. "That's the way the law is."

Lawmakers Peter van Heemst and Aleid Wolfsen, members of the leading opposition Labor Party, asked Justice Minister Piet Hein Donner in a formal complaint to change the law.

"How can you explain that we can prosecute someone for throwing a cigarette butt or soda can on the ground, but not for this kind of misbehavior?" the men wrote.

Zeno
08-06-2004, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"How can you explain that we can prosecute someone for throwing a cigarette butt or soda can on the ground, but not for this kind of misbehavior?" the men wrote.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that is almost as silly and funny as the toe licker.

I assume the Netherlands does not have generic 'public nuisance crime' or ‘disruption of pubic order’ or ‘disturbing the peace ordinances’ that this man could, possibly, be prosecuted under. Not that I support such amorphous laws or think the man should be arrested.

I think the man should be the subject of a new reality TV show and be followed around and his ‘misbehavior’ fully documented. Now THAT would be something worth watching.

But I suppose the illogical of the men quoted above will prevail. It’s an old, old story.

-Zeno

The Armchair
08-06-2004, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I assume the Netherlands does not have generic 'public nuisance crime' or ‘disruption of pubic order’ or ‘disturbing the peace ordinances’ that this man could, possibly, be prosecuted under.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about "assault" or "battery"? Those aren't crimes there? Shocked me.

Boris
08-06-2004, 04:28 PM
I like the reality TV show idea. That has potential.

Boris
08-06-2004, 04:29 PM
Lighten up dude. Do you really think a slip of the tongue qualifies as battery?

The Armchair
08-06-2004, 04:30 PM
Excellent reply.