PDA

View Full Version : correct play w/ KJs?

o0mr_bill0o
08-06-2004, 01:53 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, SB calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Should I have 3 bet the flop? Should I have folded somewhere along the line? I did have some reads on the SB. He showed himself to be pretty aggressive and very well could have check-raised on the flush draw or just a king. I was worried he had me outkicked or had made two pair on the flop. KQ was rather unlikely, I noticed that he tended to raise PF with this hand from about anywhere 1/3-1/2 the time. However, I had seen him show down AK at least once where he had only limped in PF.

iceman19
08-06-2004, 01:56 PM
I would raise preflop, 3-bet the flop, raise the turn and bet the river. It looks like sb is on a flush draw.

kgrad5
08-06-2004, 01:57 PM
raise pf and this plays out differently. As is, i would 3 bet the flop if he caps and leads the turn i would enter call down mode, to me looks like he missed his flush but caught a piece of the board, maybe a 5, or even a K5 counterfeited by the board pairing 10s, good river bet

eric5148
08-06-2004, 03:52 PM
Raise preflop, raise the turn.

chief444
08-06-2004, 03:59 PM
Definitely raise pf. Since you didn't I would 3-bet this flop.

o0mr_bill0o
08-06-2004, 04:03 PM
Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows 9h Kh (two pair, kings and tens).
Hero shows Jc Kc (two pair, kings and tens).
Outcome: Hero wins 11.50 BB. </font>

Okay, tell me why I need to be raising this one preflop. KJ is definitely one of my least favorite hands, even suited. Even at party I feel like raising preflop with this hand is only going to let in the kind of hands that I don't want to be seeing, and keeping out the ones I do want to see.

bwana devil
08-06-2004, 04:26 PM
because KJs from middle position is a very strong hand. it's not a monster starting hand, but very strong nonetheless.

and on top of that, it's folded to you in middle position. the best place to steal blinds.

Brain
08-06-2004, 05:29 PM
You're first in. It's not a perfect hand, but good enough to play + it's suited + you have a shot at stealing the blinds too.

Uppercut
08-06-2004, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Should I have folded somewhere along the line?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me you never seriously considering folding this hand somewhere along the line. /images/graemlins/confused.gif