PDA

View Full Version : Shorthanded with questionable outs

05-14-2002, 03:39 AM
4 handed 10/20 online. I open raise from button with Ad10h. The SB 3 bets me. I seem tight, and this is the first the SB has 3 bet me. He seems loose preflop, but not overly aggressive. The BB calls. The BB is an atrocious player, and his call of 2 cold here could be practically any 2 cards. I call.

Flop: 8h 6h 2h The SB bets and BB calls. The BB's call here is impossible to read. On the one hand, he is so loose postflop as well that he could have an enormous range of hands. But on the other hand, he's pretty passive, so the call doesn't mean he doesn't have a pair or a good draw or whatever. It's just very hard to read. What's my best play and why? Thanks.

05-14-2002, 12:05 PM
I'd raise here. SB has some kind of pair presumably bigger than 8, BB has two cards. You have three overcard outs (the ten is probably not good, but I'd be tempted to pay off if it hit) and nine flush outs that are *probably* but not certainly good.

If the SB doesn't have a heart in his hand, a raise could very well get him to drop. If he *does* have a heart in his hand, he could call, or he could reraise. If he reraises, I am comfortable folding; if he calls, I'm probably done with the hand.