PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys get ambushed

Bill Smith
08-06-2004, 09:50 AM
I feel like I folded out of simply not knowing what to do. I could be ahead on the turn or have as many as 13 outs, but all the action on the flop gave me the impression I could just as easily be up against an Ace-high flush, boat, or straight. Anyone chase this?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (16 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, Hero folds...

kgrad5
08-06-2004, 09:55 AM
i dont know about folding getting 18-1 for 1 BB, theres a very reasonable chance you are ahead here and you almost have the odds to draw to your 2 outs if your not. Unless you were sure that co was going to raise behind you i guess..

sin808
08-06-2004, 09:58 AM
you do realize you folded the second nut flush draw on the turn when the pot was laying you 18:1 right? If you miss, so be it..if you lose to a str8 flush, so be it..no way I'm folding that there.

Bill Smith
08-06-2004, 10:14 AM
Okay, I forgot an important read in all this.

CO is the Uber-LAG of infinite raising. I was less concerned about his hand than the fact that everyone was calling along.

sin808
08-06-2004, 10:26 AM
I'd see that as a plus. you have the odds to call based on the flush draw alone. They are building you a big pot. I'd have to believe that if you hit, your hand will win more than it's fair share(+EV), though I'm not a math guy so someone else would have to work out the actual answer. but I think folding is seeing monsters under the bed. If the board paired again on the river, or dropped a 7 or J /images/graemlins/spade.gif then I might be a little scared, but I'd still probably call it down (if I did improve).

vulturesrow
08-06-2004, 10:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you do realize you folded the second nut flush draw on the turn when the pot was laying you 18:1 right? If you miss, so be it..if you lose to a str8 flush, so be it..no way I'm folding that there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pleae read this 10 more times. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bill Smith
08-06-2004, 11:39 AM
Applause to you all for not being fooled. This was my one INCREDIBLY stupid move of the night, and here's what it cost me.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (16 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, Hero folds, CO calls.

River: (19 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, CO folds.

Final Pot: 21 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 21 BB, between SB and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Split: SB (10.50 BB), BB (10.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Td 9d (two pair, tens and nines).
SB shows Th 9c (two pair, tens and nines).
Outcome: SB wins 10.50 BB. BB wins 10.50 BB. </font>

So, based on my average win rate... that's about 300 more hands I have to play to make up for it! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I'll take my beatings now...