PDA

View Full Version : easy river fold part II?

secada
08-06-2004, 09:33 AM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (13 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 17 BB

thanks for the time.

zuluking
08-06-2004, 09:42 AM
Oh my. You need to play with much more aggression. You gotta re-raise on the flop, bet out on the turn and river. Don't play scared! That's the worst thing you can do. Don't fold the river! ARGH!

sin808
08-06-2004, 09:47 AM
Just a question, if you were going to fold the river unimproved, why'd you call the turn bet? what hand were you drawing to that warranted a call when the pot was laying you 12:1 but folding your same TP hand when it's giving you 17:1? I'd think the pot odds alone would warrant calling 1 more bet.

I might be wrong though too..

secada
08-06-2004, 09:54 AM
I was 50/50 on re-raising the flop. Not betting the turn was bad, yes. I had a mental lapse.

Bet out the river? Fold to a raise? I checked with the intention of calling but for some reason folded when UTG had 3 callers before me.

secada
08-06-2004, 09:57 AM
i messed up by not raising the turn. I had every intention of calling it down until UTG had 3 callers to his bet on the river. I think calling on the river was the right play but I made the situation tougher on myself by not raising the turn...

thanks for the responses.