PDA

View Full Version : easy river fold?

secada
08-06-2004, 09:26 AM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls, SB calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP3 calls, SB calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Sent
08-06-2004, 09:28 AM
No why did you fold! You should've bet out the river and if anything folded to a raise. You even have a flush yourself and a straight to boot, that doesn't mean anyone else does.

-Sent

easypete
08-06-2004, 09:37 AM
So many hands beat you. There are 9 more spades in the deck and you only beat one of them. UTG bets and 2 call. To be an overcall here, you need a good hand, but I'm with Sent here. Call.

1. You close the betting for the entire hand.
2. Pot is giving you 11.5:1.
3. MP3 and SB just call (may just have pairs).

secada
08-06-2004, 09:41 AM
I folded because there were already 3 callers with a 4 flush and the board paired. I just wasn't sure if the right play was to check/call, check/fold, or bet/fold to a raise. What threw me off was there being 4 players at the showdown, HU or with 3 I don't fold.

btspider
08-06-2004, 10:43 AM
I fold too.. even closing the action.

Joe Tall
08-06-2004, 11:26 AM
You need to bet this river planning on folding to a raise. You may get a hand holding the J /images/graemlins/spade.gif to fold and a Ace to call.

The board is as scary to you as it is to your opponents, bet.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Retrosquatter
08-06-2004, 12:52 PM
After the UTG bets on the river, you are the last to act, so there is no risk of you having to pay two bets to complete the hand.

And you have a hand that could possibly win when played at a loose passive table,although the chance of it winning now seems remote.

For just one more bet, I would call, without a doubt.