PDA

View Full Version : Do we need more forums?

jdl22
08-06-2004, 06:41 AM
I say so. Here is what I propose:
Forum forum - threads like this one and the occasional question about the forums themselves could go here. Wouldn't get much traffic but like my Spanish friend would say, it would be super useful.

Math/Logic (ML) - Sklansky claimed that he brought up the MIT thing in the Lee Jones thread to point out that ML is useful in a variety of areas, including poker obviously. As we've seen here recently there is interest in posting and doing logic problems. It would encourage posts in this area. This would also be a good place for posting game theory questions that usually get posted in poker theory but aren't really poker problems. Not sure which heading it would go under, either General Gambling or Other Topics.

Other Topics:
Political/Current Events
Other - things like sports, top lists and the like would go here. I'll leave you to determine what type of stuff goes above. While this seems ridiculous since this is after all a poker message board, adding this would clean up the OT posts in the poker forums. Anybody that's read the NVG forum knows that this is a problem.

Anything I missed?

astroglide
08-06-2004, 01:03 PM
SPORTS

The Armchair
08-06-2004, 01:04 PM
"Poker Ethics." The psyc forum has turned into it.

kyro
08-06-2004, 01:07 PM
bad beats /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

andyfox
08-06-2004, 01:52 PM

jwvdcw
08-06-2004, 04:43 PM
I totally disagree. Theres already not enough people on one forum at any given time(usually 15 or less) and this would just disperse it more. If we always had 300 or so users online at most times, then it'd be a good idea. But I hate having to wait so long to get replies as it is.