PDA

View Full Version : What else do i need?

Atropos
08-06-2004, 06:04 AM
Hey folks,
I currently possess the following books:
- Theory of Poker
- Holdem Poker for Advanced Players
- Pot-and NoLimit Poker (Reuben)
- SuperSystem

Today I ordered:
- Inside the Poker Mind
- Improve your Poker
- Middle Limit Holdem
- Psychology of Poker
- High-Low Split Poker (Ray Zee)
- How to win at Omaha High-Low (Cappelleti)

My concept is to grind long enough to make some money, and with exactly that amount I buy myself new poker stuff /images/graemlins/wink.gif
So could you give me a hint what should be my next buy, so I know what I'm aiming at.
Of course there are all the tourney books out there, but I dont want to play tourneys atm.. And I don't want to learn Stud, because it seems hard to multitable.
So which books other than of course SSHE could help my improve my Limit//NL ring-game play?

Stew
08-06-2004, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey folks,
I currently possess the following books:
- Theory of Poker
- Holdem Poker for Advanced Players
- Pot-and NoLimit Poker (Reuben)
- SuperSystem

Today I ordered:
- Inside the Poker Mind
- Improve your Poker
- Middle Limit Holdem
- Psychology of Poker
- High-Low Split Poker (Ray Zee)
- How to win at Omaha High-Low (Cappelleti)

My concept is to grind long enough to make some money, and with exactly that amount I buy myself new poker stuff /images/graemlins/wink.gif
So could you give me a hint what should be my next buy, so I know what I'm aiming at.
Of course there are all the tourney books out there, but I dont want to play tourneys atm.. And I don't want to learn Stud, because it seems hard to multitable.
So which books other than of course SSHE could help my improve my Limit//NL ring-game play?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think for NL ring-game, you have the best book out there, the Ciaffone/Reuben book. I would urge you to read the NL section of Super/System as that will be beneficial as well. I wouldn't buy the book with SS2 coming out this fall and it will probably be as good, if not better than Super/System overall.

Othen that that, I can't think of anything off the top of my head that will help much. I really like Poker Essays, All Volumes and would urge you to pick those up at some time, but they certainly are not required reading.

PseudoPserious
08-06-2004, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What else do i need?

[/ QUOTE ]

The discipline to study the information you already have and the wit to apply it at the tables.

PP

PseudoPserious
08-06-2004, 06:58 PM
By the way, if the advice I just gave you makes you beaucoup bucks, feel free to send me a tip.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif
PP

MicroBob
08-06-2004, 08:02 PM
i don't see SSHE on your list.
is it already assumed that this was part of your order?
if not, then obviously get that too.

Yod
08-08-2004, 09:40 PM
SSH and Ciaffone's Omaha book but I guess you plan on only playin H/L.Still pick it up.Damn good list.

------------------------------
08-08-2004, 09:50 PM
Get Mike Caro's Holdem Report. He's the Mad Genius and he has concepts nobody else wrote about.

BugsBunny
08-09-2004, 02:46 AM
Real Poker II: The Play of Hands by Roy Cooke