PDA

View Full Version : 10-20: Rate my play with KK

05-13-2002, 11:58 PM
EP limper to Tricky Agressive Dude (TAD) in MP who raises. I 3-bet with KdKs in LMP. The SB, a loose preflop but solid postflop player calls, BB, a loose fish calls and the limper calls, TAD calls. 5 to the flop for 15 sbs.

Flop: Td 8s 4d. Checked to TAD who bets, I raise, SB calls 2 cold. All fold to TAD who 3-bets, I call, SB calls. 3 to the turn for 12 BBs.

Turn: [Td 8s 4d] 3d. SB checks, TAD bets, I call, SB raises, TAD and I both call. 3 to the river for 18BBs.

River: [Td 8s 4d 3d] Qd. SB checks, TAD bets, I call, SB calls.

How'd I do?

05-14-2002, 12:38 AM
Preflop, you did good. On the flop, calling the three bet is better than reraising, assuming you are calling planning to raise the turn if a blank hits...

...which it does not. On the turn you have a flush draw to the second nuts, so you call. I don't see folding here, and I don't see raising either.

And on the river, when TAD comes back to life, you have to fear the nuts enough to just call.

SB has the J-high flush, TAD has either the A flush or TT.

- target

05-14-2002, 04:58 AM
I think you played it fine. I would go ahead and raise again on the flop because, really now, why the heck not? That will hopefully put me in good shape to make a barely-correct value bet or check or fold on the river, while not spotting the field any bets for when KK is best on the flop.

After that, I'm pretty much done except for betting when checked to and calling when bet to. Take me to the river.

Tommy

05-14-2002, 06:40 AM
Clark--

I agree with your play on all streets, assuming that the 3-bet call (OTF) is with the intention of jacking the turn if a blank hits... I am fairly sure that it is. I think this has the added benefit of really putting it to the flush draw from up front in a world where you're led into on the turn.

I think you were simply going to lose money on this hand. I think TAD has AA with the trump diamond.

Even if I'm wrong, there is really no other way to play it, save Tommy's suggestion, and I think that is simply an *alternative*, not one which changes EV much either way. You ABSOLUTELY can't get away from the hand and you really can't be much more aggressive with it either.

Did you win?

-CW

As an aside, it was a pleasure to put a face with the name and I quite enjoyed our chat in the Mirage 10 (however brief)... Was a bit tired at the time, but perhaps we'll go for a beer next time.

05-14-2002, 08:36 AM
I would have played it the exact same.

05-14-2002, 09:25 AM
Yup, TAD had AdAx, the SB had a set of 4's.

Definitely up for that beer next time.

Thanks guys. Been running bad and while there's no reason to post the hands where they get there with 2 outers, I thought maybe one of the hands where I was second best might show if/where I was doing anything wrong.

Thanks for the feedback.

05-14-2002, 10:02 AM
Hi Dave- You are never second best in the Babe's book! Maybe you need to switch to your alter ego character now? Babe.

05-14-2002, 11:58 AM
I liked your play on all streets. I dont think there was anything that you could have done. When you have KK and someone else has AA it is going to cost you some bets.

You play solid and keep making the right decisions and your long term results will reflect it and remember you cant win every pot.

See ya the end of June

Jay