PDA

View Full Version : $55 Party NLH husband and wife finish

MS Sunshine
08-06-2004, 04:41 AM
28 players left,$19K average stack TaintedJack has $15K and my wife luckylesley(at the same table) has $10K. $6300 for first.

MS Sunshine

MS Sunshine
08-06-2004, 05:20 AM
Down to 13.

TaintedJack $64K (Chip leader)
luckylesley $19K

Average stack $41K

MS Sunshine

Schneids
08-06-2004, 05:43 AM
Both in the final 4!

Good luck MS and Lesley!

Schneids
08-06-2004, 05:45 AM
Table Multi-Table(45444) Table #1 (Real Money)
Seat 6 is the button
Total number of players : 4
Seat 1: luckylesley ( $18431 )
Seat 5: Alxgr8 ( $146844 )
Seat 6: TaintedJack ( $177905 )
Seat 8: Frank1922 ( $186820 )
Trny:5088480 Level:18
Blinds (4000/8000)
** Dealing down cards **
Alxgr8 folds.
TaintedJack raises [21300].
Frank1922 folds.
luckylesley is all-In.
** Dealing Flop ** [ Jd, 3s, 8c ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ Td ]
** Dealing River ** [ 7h ]
TaintedJack shows [ Jh, Kc ] a pair of jacks.
luckylesley shows [ Ac, 9h ] a straight, seven to jack.
TaintedJack wins 2869 chips from side pot #1 with a pair of jacks.
luckylesley wins 40862 chips from the main pot with a straight, seven to jack.

Cubswin
08-06-2004, 06:24 AM
Oh no....let the uncalled for flaming begin. nice job /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cubswin
08-06-2004, 06:35 AM
a 2nd and a 3rd....WELL DONE GUYS!!!! must be something in the water out there /images/graemlins/grin.gif

TylerD
08-06-2004, 06:42 AM
You mean after all that collusion, you couldn't even win it!

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

MS Sunshine
08-06-2004, 06:45 AM
We finished 2nd(wife) and third(me). $3975 and $2385. We got called cheaters for over an hour when we were three handed when NONE of us were calling big bets, but stealing blinds. It sucked to get by 500 players and find ourselves at the final table, but be called cheaters. I'm sure that we haven't heard the last of it.

Tonight I both love poker and hate it.

MS Sunshine

Cubswin
08-06-2004, 06:58 AM
Brian Head = Bergen /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I can understand the concerns of the other players to a certain extent but the above hand clearly shows you guys werent playing each other softly. You guys played it fairly so you shouldnt give two $hits what the other might have been saying. Fug em.

cubs

redsimon
08-06-2004, 07:29 AM
Any reason why both you and your wife enter the SAME tourny?

You can see what problems it causes.

Cubswin
08-06-2004, 07:52 AM
I guess Howard Lederer and Annie Duke shouldnt be allowed to play in the same tourny because they are related? .... i mean....that might cause problems. While were cracking down on all these 'cheaters' we should go after that Nguyen clan of hustlers that come out each year at the WSOP... each tourny should be limited to one and only one Nguyen.

MS Sunshine
08-06-2004, 08:03 AM
There were 530 players at the start of the tournament.

MS Sunshine

daveymck
08-06-2004, 08:47 AM
On VC there is a group of three sisters their brother plus their mother who play, as long it is not being purposefully hidden then who cares.

You and your unrelated mates can play in the same tournie 2+2 ers play and post in the MTT tournies together and while the tournie is playing.

If you want to collude the ability is there being married is not a key part of colluding or the intent too. (being married probably makes it less likely /images/graemlins/wink.gif)

Baulucky
08-06-2004, 08:51 AM
Nice win. Congrats to both.

redsimon
08-06-2004, 09:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There were 530 players at the start of the tournament.

MS Sunshine

[/ QUOTE ]

Both you and Lesley are good players (Lesley's better though) /images/graemlins/smile.gif so you would have a good chance of sometime being together near the end. I just think that you need to avoid the appearance of team play especially on line, and you can have the ability of communicating the card info. Not saying you did, but it seems the sh1t this kind of thing brings down is an argument for not playing in the same tournies?

Alobar
08-06-2004, 09:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess Howard Lederer and Annie Duke shouldnt be allowed to play in the same tourny because they are related? .... i mean....that might cause problems. While were cracking down on all these 'cheaters' we should go after that Nguyen clan of hustlers that come out each year at the WSOP... each tourny should be limited to one and only one Nguyen.

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference is annie and howard don't have access to each others hole cards or the ability to converse without anyone else hearing them. I am in NO way saying thats what MS and his wife do, just saying thats the difference.

To me it seems logical not to enter the same tourny so that you don't have to worry about such a situation. Its like priests who make sure never to be alone with the alter boy. Its not because they are afraid they might rape someone, its so that they don't ever have to worry about what gets said.

ohkanada
08-06-2004, 11:02 AM
Congrats.

Well planned letting the wife get 2nd /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ken

Tosh
08-06-2004, 11:56 AM
Who was calling you cheaters??

Utter rubbish, big congrats to both of you though.

Nixon
08-06-2004, 12:00 PM
I was at your table for the first few hours Sunshine. Until I self destructed of course. (ldnixon is my username there)

Piers
08-06-2004, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It sucked to get by 500 players and find ourselves at the final table, but be called cheaters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but inevitable.

A husband and wife making final three out of 500 and not being called cheats, that would be really amazing.

Oh and congratulations /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tosh
08-06-2004, 12:03 PM
I didn't realise at the time but I was at Ms's table for a while and then his wife for a bit just after money time, at which point I decided I didn't want my 13k chips anymore. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif

grtflone
08-06-2004, 12:04 PM
frankly I don't blame people for being concerned.
But hey, it's between you, your wife and the poker site to decide what's acceptable so more power to you. Ignore the accusers.

Ulysses
08-06-2004, 03:37 PM
MS,

You can't sit at the same ring-game table w/ your wife online, right (I'm assuming you guys play from the same house)? Since that is the rule online, I don't see why you should be able to sit at the same tourney table. I fully support anything that helps prevent (to whatever degree possible) cheating and collusion. For that reason, I am definitely against letting two people from the same location play in a tournament together.

Even if you don't intend to cheat, is it that impossible that in a big hand the flush card comes on the turn v. your overpair and your wife innocently lets out a yell of excitement? You can imagine plenty of other scenarios as well as all sorts of implicit collusion issues that could come up.

Having said all this, if anyone wants to cheat on the Internet, all they have to do is IM or phone someone - so the fact that you're in the house doesn't really matter if you intend to cheat.

However, I feel like the two of you playing together in the same tournament just opens up a lot of bad possibilities even when your intentions are perfectly innocent. With tournaments going on round the clock at a variety of sites, I don't see why you guys feel the need to play in the same ones. If this were something "special" like a Party Million, I might feel slightly differently.

Just my opinion. Sincerely - Congratulations!

Ulysses
08-06-2004, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We finished 2nd(wife) and third(me).

[/ QUOTE ]

Seat 1: luckylesley ( $18431 )
Seat 5: Alxgr8 ( $146844 )
Seat 6: TaintedJack ( $177905 )
Seat 8: Frank1922 ( $186820 )

Wow. She's that much better than you, huh? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
It sucked to get by 500 players and find ourselves at the final table, but be called cheaters.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were at the final table, I wouldn't call you cheaters, but I sure wouldn't like it and would definitely feel very uncomfortable.

Ulysses
08-06-2004, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess Howard Lederer and Annie Duke shouldnt be allowed to play in the same tourny because they are related?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are being silly if you think two people playing together in a live tourney is the same thing as two people playing together from the same location in an online tournament. As I stated in my other post, if someone really wants to cheat, location doesn't really matter on the Internet. But the setup of two people playing together like this is the scenario that provides the easiest ability to cheat and the highest possibility for unintentional collusion/cheating as well.

Ulysses
08-06-2004, 03:50 PM
I also think it's important for those of us who would like to see online poker continue to grow to not only maintain the integrity of the game by our actions (including reporting questionable activity), but also to do everything possible to not do anything that could hint at even an appearance of impropriety. Imagine a new player starting out in online poker. Do you think he's going to be more or less comfortable playing online for higher stakes when he sees things like a husband and wife at the same table?

Yes, I obviously think this is a somewhat serious issue and don't think two people who can't play in the same ring game should be allowed in the same tourney.

------------------------------
08-07-2004, 05:37 PM
MS Sunshine and his wife Lesley were cheating when they were at the final table.

His wife Lesley has a filthy mouth. She was also softplaying him whether it was intended or not. Diablo is right, they are immoral and idiotic for playing in the same tournament.

/images/graemlins/blush.gif Oh no, he's gonna report me to the mod.

Homer
08-07-2004, 05:38 PM
Worst Troll Ever

Fitz
08-07-2004, 10:10 PM
The really sad thing is that this is a serious subject which requires serious discussion, but those like the above poster have to try to turn it into a side show name calling worthless thread.

I don't personally know MS Sunshine or his wife; my take from his posts are that he is a decent person, and I doubt there was any intentionally inappropriate behavior at the final table. In the brick and mortar world, it is not uncommon for a husband and wife to end up at a final table together(Read some of the posts by Felicia Lee). If it can happen in B&M, it can, and will, happen online. As the "third wheel" in any such situation, I would be suspicous and watchful of any odd behavior. Online, hand histories and the ability to accurately recreate hands should help detect any type of collusion.

That being said, the real question is where in the household do the animals go when 2 PC's and set up and playing poker online. My dogs seem to know when I'm playing and steer a clear path away from my desk when the decible level gets out of hand. For a while, During one particularly painful downswing, my german shepard, whose favorite sleeping spot is under my desk, thought "cock sucker" meant "run and hide he is losing again"... lol. With two games going, be sure to create a safe zone for the animals.

Good luck all,

Fitz

Leo Bello
08-07-2004, 10:41 PM
Well, I donīt play with my wife cause of that. It is impossible not go soft on her and even unintentional collusion may happen.

David
08-07-2004, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, I donīt play with my wife cause of that. It is impossible not go soft on her and even unintentional collusion may happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

"go soft on her" hmmmmm, don't let her read this.

Congrats Mr & Mrs MS!!!!!

Yeknom58
08-08-2004, 01:40 AM
How are people suppose to tell the difference between you and your wife and actual colluders.....YOU CAN'T, that's why I think it was wrong. I'm thinking even thought you weren't intending on cheating it still shouldn't have been allowed.

WSOPWinner2005
08-08-2004, 01:52 AM
No comment on my opinion of the hubby/wife in same trny - But me and gf will play at same site at same tiem but different tables and NEVER enter the same tournaments - because IMHO I would feel akward if we did end up together. And it would also effect my play to SOME degree. If I hear her slamming [censored] into the wall 2 rooms away I might fold a winning hand to her to calm her nerves - might not. I have never been in that situatiojn and never plan on it.

Now live looking her in the face, people watching and KNOWING! You best your ass I would outplay her whiny little ass /images/graemlins/grin.gif

"my german shepard, whose favorite sleeping spot is under my desk, thought "cock sucker" meant "run and hide he is losing again"... lol. With two games going, be sure to create a safe zone for the animals."

HAHAHAHA - Have a German Shepherd as well !!! That dog knows if I'm in a tourney to stay the hell away I kid you now, LOL !!! 6th sense type of deal - it will start, she will get up .... sigh ... and walk away..

Ring Games she stays put till I blow (which is Very Rarely) - For some reason huge trny losses effect me emotionally SO MUCH more.

Lori
08-08-2004, 08:28 AM
Oh no, he's gonna report me to the mod.

You clearly missed my post saying that I was back.

MSS has been called nastier things by more clever people than you, until you have made your style either more witty, or more cutting, or even both, I doubt he'll find you either funny or insulting, so frankly it isn't worth your time trying.

Rent-A-Troll wouldn't even read past line 1 of your application form.

As to the subject in hand, surely it's up to the poker site if they wish to allow related accounts (Ones that can't sit at the same ring table) to play in the same MTT.

What I always find amusing is that people don't consider the lack of collusion for the places 1-500 odd and only notice the rare occasions that the two people reach the final.

There is a line between stopping collusion and common sense.
Given that MSS and Mrs.MSS are open about who they are, all any concerned player would have to do would be to mail support with the following email.

"Hi there support, I am aware that players x and y are playing from related accounts, and today I was unfortunate enough to reach the final with them both there.
I'm sure they were playing fair, but I would appreciate it if you could have a look through the last 25 hands or so and see if they were playing on the level with me.

Thanks

UserID123"

Lori

Ulysses
08-08-2004, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
because IMHO I would feel akward if we did end up together. And it would also effect my play to SOME degree. If I hear her slamming [censored] into the wall 2 rooms away I might fold a winning hand to her to calm her nerves - might not.

[/ QUOTE ]

This kind of stuff is exactly why I think this is a bad idea. As I said in my earlier msg, if MS wants to cheat, he can easily do that via IM/cellphone.