PDA

View Full Version : call fold or raise?

Alobar
08-06-2004, 12:17 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $5.
UTG calls, MP folds, CO (poster) checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, hero...

Ive only been seated for about 10 mins, but his PF 3 bet was the first aggresive move I'd seen him make and he hadnt been involved in many hands.

stripsqueez
08-06-2004, 04:29 AM
fold seems a bit much

if you raise and he just calls what will you do when he check raises the turn ?

i think calling him down is a decent plan

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Reef
08-06-2004, 05:19 AM
First of all, what can you beat? You lose to A's, K's, Q's, AKos, KQos. You only split with AQ. You beat AJ, KJ, an underpair, or a bluff. Could he play AQ this aggressively out of position?- I doubt it. Limp-reraise from utg is an automatic warning light signal.

I'm thinking fold

The Setup
08-06-2004, 05:53 AM
I would raise the flop and plan on betting the turn if checked to then check the river or call down and hope he has a worse hand like an underpair. I don't like folding the flop here as there is 8 small bets in there already. If he has a better hand so be it, you also gain info on his pre-flop three-betting standards if you lose.

chio
08-06-2004, 10:21 AM
call down, raise if you improve

chezlaw
08-06-2004, 11:46 AM
I just joined the party circus and in ~1000 hands I've seen more limp-reraises then in 2 years at paradise.

Still, if he hasn't given agro for 10 minutes I suppose that deserves some sort of respect, though not enough to make me want to fold.

Calling down sounds good but as I generally hate calling down from the flop I'd probably raise the flop, take the free turn card if offered and call down any bets/reraises.

Nate tha' Great
08-06-2004, 03:11 PM
It's certainly *possible* that he's making some sort of isolation play to get it heads up with a relatively weak holding. And 10 minutes isn't really long enough to form a complete opinion about someone's play. Call down, though I might not bother without the backdoor flush draw.

fnord_too
08-06-2004, 03:49 PM
People limp raise with some strange holdings in 5/10. I think I raise here with the intent of checking the turn if that is an option. If he caps, I call and fold the turn if unimproved, if he checks the turn and the river, I bet the river.

I have seen people go crazy when you raise their attment to limp in. I think the last limp raise I saw the guy showed down something like a J9o, and I have seen a couple of similar odd limp reraises.

Calling it down may be better, but I like playing this flop aggressively against an unknown opponent.