PDA

View Full Version : OK to C/R this flop?

Cygnus
08-05-2004, 11:38 PM
I'm thinking two things here: I have TPGK so let's build a pot, and I want to make it expensive for a JT gutshot to draw if it's out there. Comments?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Cygnus is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Cygnus raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Cygnus checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Cygnus raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+2 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Cygnus bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Cygnus bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 13.50 BB, between UTG and Cygnus.</font>

Entity
08-05-2004, 11:39 PM
I like it. Nice play.

Rob

burntazure
08-06-2004, 12:09 AM
Hi.

Yeah the check raise was definitely a good play. That is a benefit of being SB with a good hand. The only way I would've played this differently would be to limp PF. If the KQ was suited I would consider a raise.

Maybe that's a mistake, but if it is maybe you or someone else can explain why.

take it easy.

PS: Ed's book is in the mail so maybe it's in there....

detruncate
08-06-2004, 03:45 AM
The tricky part comes when you check and it's bet on your immediate right. A c/r will shut out most of the field with a very benign board, which leaves you in the position of having to call the bet and wait for the turn. What do you do then? Bet out and hope to be raised? Go for the c/r and shut out most of the field? I'd be inclined to lead the flop unless you think it'll be raised before people have a chance to trap themselves.

Peter Harris
08-06-2004, 03:52 AM
i like the c/r here. looks nice. A limp PF would have made it even easier to c/r probably, and i reckon the raise is a bit thin; if you wouldn't consider raising AJo here, KQo is dodgy too. I think superior postflop skills will make up the deficit, but i'm playing like a mad LAG at the moment and need some studying to straighten myself out.

Nice hand.

Regards,
Pete Harris