PDA

View Full Version : Great flop - Huge agression

Luv2DriveTT
08-05-2004, 11:19 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (16.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20.25 BB

I need some serious feedback on this one. I was a bit unsure about calling the raise PF, I know I was right about the three bet on the Flop - I'm surprised MP2 didn't cap me. I also think I should have come out betting on the river, the villan probably had either Queens or Jacks paired already

In da club /images/graemlins/club.gif

Luv2DriveTT
08-06-2004, 12:32 AM
Since I'm going to sleep and I had a horrible evening (sucked out too many times /images/graemlins/mad.gif) I figured I'd post the results now instead of tomorrow. Still looking for feedback...

Final Pot: 20.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 20.25 BB, between MP2 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP2 (20.25 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows 9c Th (straight, queen high).
MP2 shows Qs Js (full house, jacks full of queens).
Outcome: MP2 wins 20.25 BB. </font>

cartoonsoldier
08-06-2004, 12:39 AM
One extremely simple way to avoid this - Fold PF.

Apart from that it was played fine, I might have gone for a check-raise on the flop, but you got to 3-bet which is also good. In the end, he hit one of his 4 outs - nothing you can do.

Nottom
08-06-2004, 01:00 AM
Fold Pre-flop, you are just gonna end up in trouble more often than you flop something like this.

Flop and turn are fine I think.

On the river, I would seriously consider check-calling and I almost feel dirty about saying that ( and I probably should). Your heads-up against someone who has been showing a lot of aggression, although he could have something like AhQx its also quite likely he had a set or even a flush given the action so far. I'm just not sure your ahead 2/3 of the time here.

newcool
08-06-2004, 01:01 AM
As another poster said in a previous thread, "this is the type of hand that you muck preflop, get mad when the flop comes and then feel like a genius when you see the results".

HajiShirazu
08-06-2004, 08:08 AM
Seeing that he raised preflop, there aren't many combinations of hands that he can have that beat you on this river other than pocket queens or pocket jacks. Oddly enough I think QQ is less likely because I think that hand is actually less likely to raise the turn than a hand that "improved" such as a paired Ah hand. My guess is that he raised preflop with something like AJ or AQ or a big pair with a heart and played his hand aggressively on the turn. You don't want to give a free showdown to these hands, so bet.
I still stand by that after reading the results. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Luv2DriveTT
08-06-2004, 09:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
As another poster said in a previous thread, "this is the type of hand that you muck preflop, get mad when the flop comes and then feel like a genius when you see the results".

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess this is where I think differently, since I was already committed for a small bet in the big blind, and I was 80% sure there were going to be 4 others seeing the flop (this table was super loose, the villan had a VPIP of 78%, and PFR of 14%), I knew my odds of drawing on T9o were long but worth a total of a big bet preflop to see. I fully intended to fold my hand after the flop if I didn't get want I was looking for - but I found it anyway.

I put the villan on KK, QQ, or AK with a longshot for JJ. In hindsight I should have checked the river, prepared to call when he bet reguardless of the scare card. He could have easily had AA trying to drive it all the way home, and his actions on the turn actually showed weakness since he put me on the Flush incorrectly - but he plowed to the river anyway (Villan likes to play no-fold'em hold'em).

In short I see the PF analysis point of view, but I think I made the right call since I was in the big blind, and I know I played the river wrong now. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Thanks for the feedback everyone!

In da club /images/graemlins/club.gif

Sent
08-06-2004, 09:27 AM
As others have said to a raise I wouldn't play T9o from the BB. You aren't already in for a small bet, you are in for a big bet. And to play you have to put in another one, you can't think of it as, "I already have one big bet in already, let me just throw in another." /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

-Sent