PDA

View Full Version : A call with AJs: Hand for Review

Zaebos
08-05-2004, 09:23 PM
$10+1 SnG
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t680)
MP (t510)
CO (t1615)
Zaebos (t380)
SB (t4405)
BB (t410)

Preflop: Zaebos is Button with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">MP raises to t510 (All-In)</font>, CO folds, Zaebos calls t380 (All-In), SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (t1040) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t1040) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: (t1040) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t1040

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP shows Kc Ks (two pair, kings and fives).
Zaebos shows Js As (one pair, fives).
Outcome: MP wins t1040. </font>

He had pushed twice in the last 10 hands or so other then that I had no real read on him. I thought that this could be the best hand I was gonna get. Perhaps is was a good hand to push with on the short stack but was it wrong to push when another player shows strength thus taking away any chance of a fold. Opinions?

durron597
08-05-2004, 09:37 PM
How did you get this shortstacked? I would have pushed with less awhile ago unless you got this short very recently. That aside, you have to call, if he's pushed twice in the last ten hands (and I probably push anyway with more than 1/8 of my stack already in the middle).

Zaebos
08-05-2004, 10:12 PM
i raised with ak and missed, i suppose i should have gone all in on that hand but i already decided that.

parappa
08-06-2004, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have pushed with less awhile ago unless you got this short very recently.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you expand on this a bit? My problem is that I play quite tightly (or don't get cards) early, end up at like 600 chips or something and when the blinds go 50/100, I end up changing from "Premium Hands" mode to "Looking to Push Soon" mode. An orbit or two, and I'm desparate. This is the most common way I lose, and I know it's a leak in my game. When I win a pot early I can be nicely aggressive and have a great record, but when I've folded 30 hands I get into trouble and think I wait too long to get aggressive.

Milky
08-06-2004, 05:13 PM
I seemed to end up in this situation in the last 5 or so SnGs I played. Literally no good hands... ended up pushing w/K9s and lost.

I'd be interested to hear how others handle this situation (especially in a PP $10+1 game)