PDA

View Full Version : Badger Poker Series Suggestions

AtlChip10
08-05-2004, 07:57 PM
Hello, I am helping Jason run the Badger Poker series in Milwaukee this summer. Since we are still very early in the season, I would appreciate any of you who have been attending the events to let me know any problems and/or suggestions you may have to help the events run smoother and be more enjoyable. The blind structure seems to be running smoothly up until the final table when Jason has a tendency to push things so that we can get out of the bar on time. I will be trying to smooth that out some more so that the final players have a chance to play true NLHE and still finish the events at a reasonable time. Other problems I have noticed from playing are the conflicts of opinion on dead cards, mis-deals, and handling of the button when a player busts in a blind. You guys have to realize that this is a free event, so Jason can't really afford to hire pro dealers. I'm guessing the easiest and most obvious solution is going to be announcing a set of standard rules to handle these situations. Some people aren't going to like the rulings, but at least it will be universal. So at any rate, please reply with your own suggestions and comments. Thanks.

Scott

MilwaukeeBull
08-06-2004, 08:48 AM
I played in the first 3 events. Switching to blinds was great. Other suggestions I would have is adding an ante when you get to the final 20. On one final table, the play was so tight it was pathetic. Any move all in meant instant fold.
One problem we had discussed at our table has been the arrival of late players. They should be penalized. They should not be able to start with the entire 10k if they show up an hour late.
The moving of players hasn't been smooth. Too many times tables are playing with 5 or 6 playes while another table if full. Sometimes those tables will stop playing or slow down.
When players are moved, they should be placed in a position relative to where they are coming from. Instead of telling a player to move to a table, it would be better to tell him to move to a specific seat at that table.

I give Jason credit. It is not an easy thing he is doing and I appreciate the fact that he is open to ideas. The events have been interesting to say the least.