PDA

View Full Version : another button 3 bet hand

05-13-2002, 03:00 AM
Qh9h on the button.

very very bad player (VVBP) 2 off button calls. guy who thinks hes very good (GWTHVG) raises. at this point i think theres a strong possibility hes isolating/buying button and really wants me out. so i 3 bet. (odds are the big blind will call and VVBP will definitely call).

only those two call.

miracle flop Q T 9 with 2 diamonds.

i get a raise in on the flop, two calls on the turn, and one on the river by VVBP who i knew would pay off the whole way if i hit a hand, by which time i had 9's full.

so what do you think? im putting in 3 or 4 bets and might get to see all the cards for that price against bad players (in other words theyll check theyre decent hands but pay me off with some pretty bad stuff). in the actual hand for 5 small bets i could have seen all the cards or folded on the flop if i had nothing and been done with it.

brad

05-13-2002, 03:08 AM

05-13-2002, 06:46 PM
I think the three bet is completely within reason against the passive, payoff type opponents. I guess Q-9s is a bit weak but not beyond reason. IMO, the key to these hands is to not pay-off to the river with top pair.

05-13-2002, 07:47 PM
"so what do you think? im putting in 3 or 4 bets and might get to see all the cards for that price against bad players (in other words theyll check theyre decent hands but pay me off with some pretty bad stuff)."

and you might not /images/smile.gif theyre not always going to check theyre decent stuff, theyll bet theyre decent stuff and sumtimes youll be drawing dead. sumtimes when you hit theyll miss and wont give you action. sumtimes youll flop top pair theyll check theyre hands, youll bet and be a big dog. sumtimes theyll drawout.

"in the actual hand for 5 small bets i could have seen all the cards or folded on the flop if i had nothing and been done with it."

isnt it same cost if you call the raise cold before flop, you call the flop, and the turn. not understanding how you saved bets.

05-13-2002, 10:21 PM
well, its partly the know your opponents rule, but also on this hand i made extra money by being extra lucky on the flop and filling up.

but the main point is that if the flop came all babies and i got bet into on the flop i could safely throw away. (again, a know your customers rule)

work with me here, not many hands i play theres anything interesting about to post.

brad

05-13-2002, 11:20 PM
"well, its partly the know your opponents rule, but also on this hand i made extra money by being extra lucky on the flop and filling up."

most of time you miss the flop. so most of time you dont get a lucky flop. so most of the time youre wasting money unless you can buy it.

"but the main point is that if the flop came all babies and i got bet into on the flop i could safely throw away. (again, a know your customers rule)"

but youve made the pot much bigger. if they bet into you when you are beat its better that the pot is smaller than bigger. if its right to throw away a hand when the pot is bigger its more right to throw away a hand when its smaller isnt it? if you know your foe and can tell youre beat after flop its better to keep the pot smaller. thats why im confused by your play line.

"work with me here, not many hands i play theres anything interesting about to post"

i am

05-14-2002, 01:39 AM
well, if i can shut out players i dont have such good control over then you can see how this then becomes more of a raise or fold situation.

in this example i cant remember but it might have gone limp limp raise i 3 bet

both blinds fold, orignal limper folded,

and i got to play against these two.

also long term if you play against the same players (as i do) it can also be an image/ vary your play type of thing.

brad

05-14-2002, 07:56 AM
youre reason for 3 bet is what you say + u theyll fold sum hands you want em to because u look so strong.