PDA

View Full Version : Big pot, enemy flush,Kings up on 5th...

nef
08-05-2004, 07:21 PM
$0.50 ante, $1 bring-in, $3/$6 stud

I am dealt (Kc6h)Kh. 4h brings it in, 7c calls, 9d calls, I complete, Ad cold-calls, 8h folds, 9h cold calls, 9s cold calls, 4h,7c,9d call the raise.

On 4th it looks like:
P1 XX 7c 8c
P2 XX 9d Tc
ME Kc6h Kh 6c
P3 XX Ad Qd
P4 XX 9h 8s
P5 XX 9s 2s
P6 XX 4h 5d

P3 bets, P4 calls, P5 folds, P6 calls, P1 raises, P2 folds, I call (comments? - I considered all 3 actions), P3 reraises, P4, P6, P1 and I call.

5th Street looks like:

P1 XX 7c 8c Ts
ME Kc6h Kh 6c Qc
P3 XX Ad Qd 8d
P4 XX 9h 8s 9c
P6 XX 4h 5d 5c

The open nines (P4) bet with only 1.5 big bets left in his stack. I have to admit I lost it a little here. I was planning on calling one bet to close the action when everyone checked to the probable flush. Now this guy bets his horrible dead hand. UGH! P6 and P1 call to me and I am facing an almost certain raise behind me. I figure this hand is basically between me and the flush, and if I make a full house its not likely I'll lose to the other hands. What would you do?

Andy B
08-05-2004, 08:29 PM
I hate it when my opponents don't cooperate. I grit my teeth and call. The guy behind you doesn't have to have a flush. A lot of low-limit players don't like to push flush draws, so he may have something else. There's a reasonable chance he'll raise without the flush, though. Your hand is live, and you're going to get paid off handsomely if you fill. You might yet have the best hand.

I'd three-bet on fourth.

patrick dicaprio
08-05-2004, 09:21 PM
why didnt you reraise on fourth? that was the only chance you had of getting people to fold because you had a raiser right in front of you.

Pat

nef
08-05-2004, 10:42 PM
I didn't reraise fourth because many of the players appeared to catch good. Some caught straightish cards, some caught flush cards. I didn't think I was much of a favorite with three cards to come. I was going to wait until fifth to raise if I didn't think a flush/straight was out there.