PDA

View Full Version : Favorite hunk of beef?

stantheman
08-05-2004, 04:20 PM
Picture it... You are five 25 year old guys looking to eat one good meal (steak) while in Vegas for a long weekend.

Price is not a deciding factor. We will cab to wherever we are going for the night, so location is also not a factor.

Roy Hobbs
08-05-2004, 04:31 PM
You need to include the Circus Circus steakhouse on this list.

RH

Papa_G
08-05-2004, 04:40 PM
Go to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse (one on Flamingo, one on Paradise).

stantheman
08-05-2004, 10:10 PM
I agree with the Ruth Chris vote, I love it there. But, I've been to the midtown, Westchester and Hackensack locations already and I think I'm looking for something we can't get at home.

Helluva steak though.

BottlesOf
08-05-2004, 10:20 PM
How about Prime? Anyone ever been there?

midas
08-05-2004, 10:40 PM
I have been to all the steakhouse except for AJ's and the Luxor location - my comments:

Smith & Wollensky and Gallaghers are chain copies of New York standards - good but boring (perfect for country folk). Delmonicos has the best steak - but lacks in energy and eye candy department (good place to impress a date). The N9NE is cleary the best place for young, single guys - great bar scene, great looking women (favorite bachlorette party place) and very good food. If you got game or are a playa wannabe (not the poker type) the N9NE is where the action is in town. As an added bonus, when you are done with dinner the club scene at the Palms is incredible. Make the reservation for 9:00 and let the party begin.

BTW, I'll be there on Sept 9 with 10 drunken thirty-somethings reliving our youth /images/graemlins/cool.gif

thirddan
08-06-2004, 05:44 AM
a

stantheman
08-06-2004, 09:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
f you got game or are a playa wannabe (not the poker type)

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, glad I didn't say it. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]
As an added bonus, when you are done with dinner the club scene at the Palms is incredible. Make the reservation for 9:00 and let the party begin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree here, only problem is the last time we were out (last Labor Day wknd) we stayed at the Palms for 4 nights and never left the hotel. I think we're all kinda Rain-ed out, if you know what I'm saying. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

stantheman
08-06-2004, 09:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How about Prime? Anyone ever been there?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's at Bellagio, right? I dunno, I always considered Bellagio (aside from the poker room of course) to be a little too "nice" for me and my band of drunken idiots.

But if anyone has been and can provide some info, I'm all ears.

Dellathia
08-06-2004, 09:51 AM
Better question is What is the best Beef dish:

Answer:

Rocky Mountain Oysters

Nottom
08-07-2004, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Rocky Mountain Oysters

[/ QUOTE ]

Yuk /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Sponger15SB
08-07-2004, 02:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rocky Mountain Oysters

[/ QUOTE ]

Yuk /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yeah, i just thew up into my mouth a little bit

Fishwhenican
08-09-2004, 11:22 AM
I don't know that the Oysters are the best part of the cow but they really are not bad. Especially good at a branding when they are fresh off the bull calves and thrown right in a cast iron skillet with a little crisco and salted up just right!
Yummm, Yummmm!!!

But if person really wants a good hunk of meat skip the beef and try a great big elk steak! Nothing better!!!!

slamdunkpro
08-09-2004, 05:20 PM
Lawyr's on Howard Hughes Parkway for prime rib. Hugo's cellar downtown for steak

limon
08-11-2004, 01:49 PM
nt

limon
08-11-2004, 01:50 PM
nine is the most annoying steakhouse on the planet and yet i always have an incredible meal there...so it must be the best.

Cosimo
08-12-2004, 12:41 AM
I like Prime, tho I've had one good and one mediocre experience there. I blame the lesser experience on the company.

We've got a Ruth's Chris local, and I love it--primarily for the wine list and the au gratin potatoes, for I am a carb-fiend.

I do not recommend the steakhouse at Paris, tho the rest of the hotel is fine.