PDA

View Full Version : 10+ Party SnG

ThingDo
08-05-2004, 03:25 PM
Hey guys,

Its been a while. I've been very busy as of late so I have not been able to play or post for about 3 months. Because of my small "not playing" phase I went thru I've decided to play the lower limit SnG's for now.

I'm in a 10+1 NLHE SnG on party.I have T900 or so which is about avg. Blinds are 10/15. I'm in MP and there are two callers to an agressive EP (T950) who raises to 60. I don't have a read on him other than that he has raised the last 3 hands he's been in. An EMP calls the 60 and the action is on me. What is my action and why?

I raise to 250. Folded to the EP who now goes all in. EMP folds and action is on me. What is my action and why? Did one mistake possibly lead to another in this hand?

poolshark
08-05-2004, 03:33 PM
what is your hand????

ThingDo
08-05-2004, 03:40 PM
ROFL.... woops.. obviously I'm off my game :P I had black T's. Sorry guys. Any thoughts on the hand are greatly appreciated. I'm trying to get back in the swing of things. So let me have it.

hummusx
08-05-2004, 03:40 PM
You know, it's funny. At first I was thinking "well he can't get any useful feedback until he tells us what his hand is." Then I started thinking about whether that was true. After a little contemplation, I would say the correct play is to FOLD. If you are not sitting on a hand that you really want to get all-in with (you wouldn't be asking), then I think you want to get out of this now. Folding still leaves you with plenty of chips to get back in this. It sounds like calling all-in will be a gamble at best, and if you think you are a better player (you do think that, right) than most of the table, you should fold and wait for another hand.

Having said that, I think your re-raise to 250 was too high if this was NOT a hand you wanted to get all-in with. You've got a third of your stack in the pot with 3 people to act behind you (including one that is pretty aggressive), so I think you've got to allow for the possibility someone is going to put you all in.

That's my blind opinion. =)

hummusx
08-05-2004, 03:42 PM
Now that I see the hand, my advice doesn't change too much. This early on, against a raise and 3 callers, I'm going to play TT for set value only. So I'll call or fold this, definitly not raise to 250 and fold in a heartbeat. Much to early for this kind of money on this kind of hand PF.