PDA

View Full Version : A thank you to the posters on this forum

sweetjazz
08-05-2004, 02:41 PM
I just posted a trip report in the B&M forum about my first trip to Foxwoods, but I wanted to repeat the bottom paragraph for everyone in here, and give a really big thank you to all the people who post in these forums.

Overall, I had a great time, and I have to give a lot of thanks to 2+2, especially the short-handed forum (which is the one I had read the most -- my home game usually has about 6 players). I learned a lot from these forums, and I suspect that instead of walking away with $103 overall in winnings yesterday, I would have been in the red if it were not for what I have learned here. I am also lucky that my home game has two other good poker players, one of whom I think is probably better than anybody I saw at the 4/8 table I was sitting at besides one player. It's from those friends and the people on this forum that I have learned how to correctly think about poker and develop the skills necessary to becoming a winning player. It's much too early to tell whether I am a winning 4/8 player, but I'm a much better player than I would be without you guys.

Thanks for all the advice people take the time to give -- I'm especially greatful to the replies to the hands I posted, but I also have enjoyed reading the hands and commentaries that others have posted. I hope the great posts keep coming and know that they are appreciated.