PDA

View Full Version : Orleans Friday Night Touney

Big Country
08-05-2004, 02:21 PM
I think I saw this on pokerpages.

A $60 tourney with a $40 rebuy on Friday night at ibelieve 8pm. I'm planning to be in Vegas by that time Friday (driving out from LA, hopefully on road by 1pm).

Anyone here ever played in it? if so, how many players would I be looking at and what level of competition?

Joe Tall
08-05-2004, 02:27 PM
Anyone here ever played in it?

I played in it back in March when I was in Vegas for a bachelor party. It's a well run tournament and we all had a good time.

so, how many players would I be looking at and what level of competition?

They capped the buy in at 200 or so and allowed 20+ alternates. 8 of us entered the tournament, 5 made the top 50, 3 the top 30 and my brother made the final table. Only one of us (me) had played in a live/online tournament before this date.

They pay $10 for every player you knock out but they also only paid out the top 10. Unless this has changed since March.

If you get there around 5PM, get into a ring game and the floor will come around your table and you can sign up without getting into the line (which was rather large).

Peace,
Joe Tall

Big Country
08-05-2004, 05:55 PM
Cooo.. thank you very much

traffic permitting I hope to be in Vegas by about 5 or so...

vegasbob
08-06-2004, 01:52 AM
The tourny starts at 7 pm though not 8. Good luck there. they sometimes now pay more than 10 stops depending on the entries