PDA

View Full Version : Reading between the lines and missing some of the text.

golFUR
08-05-2004, 01:47 PM
I signed up, I made a post or two, I realized that this was like most other forums and Internet communities in that I should lurk before leaping. Then I saw the Beginner Questions...

First question, I have a lot of questions, should they all be posted separately so people can answer individually or is it okay to do like I am doing now and post them in one place? Or more accurately stated, is there an etiquette issue here?

Second - Affiliates
I understand what they are, I believe I understand the differences in flavor. I notice that you don't find advertisements in the posts and I'm guessing affiliates posting would be considered advertising. Where do you find affiliates? Is it simple homework to compare and contrast? Are there sharks in the water? How do you tell who they are? Is it that much of a savings to hunt down an affiliate?

Third - Where to play.
I've been playing on UB for about two years now. Low limit stuff, learning the game, plugging my leaks. I've known for some time now that UB has a reputation for having the toughest pool of players but the interface is so nice and I guess I've just gotten used to it... Now that I have a Neteller acct and am free to move around I'm ready to start trying the other sites. I feel like I'm missing out on some earnings by restricting myself the toughest games (duh). So I suppose this relates to the affiliate question. I haven't signed up anywhere yet for fear/caution that I'll regret not having found an affiliate first.

Last - PokerTracker
My thinking here has been that people have been earning a living playing poker for years without relying on software. If I understand correctly you need PokerTracker before you can sign up with an affiliate, so that is one argument for it (depending on how above question(s) are answered). But to be honest, the $50 I'll shell out for it is a fair dent in my bank. Is it just that nifty? Would some go so far as to call it mandatory?

Other last question - Any other etiquette questions specific to 2+2 I should be aware of? I'm not averse to reading, so any old threads that answer my questions are just as useful.

Thank you in advance, hopefully soon I'll be able to contribute as much to 2+2 as I am currently pulling out of it.

pudley4
08-05-2004, 02:34 PM
General questions you can lump together in one post. If you post hand histories (and requests for analysis) you should post them separately.

If you're looking for an affiliate, post in the Internet Gambling forum (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=inet) (aka The Zoo). You'll get plenty of offers. Several long-time posters will be able to help you out.

Party/Empire has the largest player pool. It's also got some of the easier games to beat.

Pokertracker is very, very useful. However, if it will put a significant dent in your bankroll, it's better to wait a little bit until you can afford it. It's not required for affiliates.

Don't spam. Do a search before you post. Post in the correct forum. Beware the Zoo /images/graemlins/grin.gif

stir
08-05-2004, 03:33 PM
Jeff answered 1 and 2.

I'd add to 3, that it's pretty much agreed Party/Empire has the best low limit games.

Last. If $50 is a serious dent to your BR, then wait. It is not mandatory. But you might manually try and keep track of the percent hands where you voluntarily put in $. Over several thousand hands if that per cent is above 20-22% range you are probably playing too loose.

Other Last. Use the search feature on 2+2 to your advantage. There is a ton of info that can educate if you plug topics into the search feature, and have the patience to wade through pertinent threads.