PDA

View Full Version : All in the money, blinds ridiculously high

Ghazban
08-05-2004, 01:02 PM
I just finished a SNG on UB where, at the final 3 (50%/30%/20% payout), the blinds were up to 300/600 with only 10K chips on the table, distributed fairly evenly so we all have about 5xBB (1000 chips for 10 players to start). Do you go into push or fold mode here as you would with <10xBB in a MTT? Basically, me and one of the other players would raise min or fold every hand and the passive third player eventually blinded himself to death. I'd like to hear what frequent SNG players think about:

a) what size bets/raises do you make in this scenario?
b) what types of hands do you make them with?

I basically raised any ace, any pair, or any two face cards and, if the passive guy played back, folded all but the best hands. If the other guy called, I'd bet if I hit any piece of the flop and about half the time if it was checked to me and I missed. If he bet and I missed, I folded and, if I hit, I played back if I hit 2nd pair good kicker or better and folded otherwise (in general, that's what I did; of course there were a couple exceptions). Very few hands got to the flop and even fewer ones got to showdown.

Once it was headup between me and the non-passive player, the blinds were up to 400/800 and I was down 2:1 in chips. The cards were dead until I got JJ, QQ, and TT in 3 consecutive hands (all of which I pushed). He called the TT one w/AQ and hit a Q on the turn.