PDA

View Full Version : Isolation limp-reraise with poster

schubes
08-05-2004, 12:52 PM
Here's another limp-reraising hand where I think it could make sense. Button is very loose.

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP posts a blind of $1.
Hero calls, MP (poster) checks, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP folds, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (9 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 9 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9 BB, between Hero and SB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (9 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows 7d 7s (two pair, sevens and twos).
SB shows As Qs (one pair, twos).
Outcome: Hero wins 9 BB. </font>

fnord_too
08-05-2004, 02:26 PM
Why not bet the river here?

schubes
08-05-2004, 02:41 PM
I knew someone would say that! Youre right, I missed a value bet, though he could have a higher PP of course.

tripdad
08-05-2004, 02:55 PM
i think open raising with 77 is much better than limping. otherwise, well played.

cheers!

Vehn
08-05-2004, 03:02 PM
How does mp post a blind of $1 in a 3/6 game?

schubes
08-05-2004, 04:38 PM
You caught me /images/graemlins/blush.gif hit a 275 BB downswing last week and I was a little embarrassed that my games suddenly dropped in limits. (maybe I should post this in the psych forum)

schubes
08-05-2004, 04:39 PM
The point was that if I raised poster would almost certainly call, button would be likely to call, and now it's 5-way and I have a medium pocket pair out of position.

EDIT: I don't mind playing this 5-way, but keeping it to 1 bet is better for my implied odds

tripdad
08-05-2004, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The point was that if I raised poster would almost certainly call

[/ QUOTE ]

you already have a read on the poster?

[ QUOTE ]
EDIT: I don't mind playing this 5-way, but keeping it to 1 bet is better for my implied odds

[/ QUOTE ]

so why did you 3-bet?

cheers!

tripdad
08-05-2004, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You caught me /images/graemlins/blush.gif hit a 275 BB downswing last week and I was a little embarrassed that my games suddenly dropped in limits. (maybe I should post this in the psych forum)

[/ QUOTE ]

most of even the best have had to take a step back a time or two. nothing to be embarrassed about.

cheers!

schubes
08-05-2004, 05:10 PM
He posted instead of waiting 2 hands for the blind, these players tend to not fold their blind for 1 bet.

Once button folded, SB raised, and BB folded, I now have a good chance to get it down to 2 players. Even a loose player will fold many hands facing 2 bets especially since one came from a blind, and the other was a limp-reraise.