PDA

View Full Version : stock picks for the next 6 months(long positions)

playerfl
08-05-2004, 12:00 PM
we might as well have a stock pick thread. No bulletin board stocks please.

Please put the stock symbol in the Subject line of your post to make it easier to find later if anybody is interested. Feel free to post the rational for your picks.

playerfl
08-05-2004, 12:21 PM
MNG - miramar mining

this is an unhedged precious metals mining operation with proven reserves and actually own and sell physical gold that they get from their own mines. Its not a penny stock scam; real company, been around a while.

It is speculative ( and also offers high profit potential) because they intentionally are forgoing the income they could get from selling their production in the futures market. This makes them leveraged to the cash price of gold.

Technically it was in decline for months but I think it bottomed in June.

relative to its current price I see a likely performance range from -30% to +100% in the next 6 months, which gives it good risk/reward characteristics.

playerfl
08-09-2004, 12:12 PM
this is almost the same situation as my other post for MNG, same basic story, different company. Low priced gold stock, had a decline, has formed a base.

GeorgeF
08-09-2004, 04:36 PM
CMK, LFG and EXAS were my most recent purchases. Note EXAS has no product and will likely go bust.

BadBoyBenny
08-09-2004, 11:40 PM
JCOM I've mentoined before, one of the best values I can find among fast growing companies. It's dirt cheap

LH, I just bought it, I think its got a great business and is very cheap.

SU, I can't think of any company that will benfit more from higher oil pices. Also mentioned this one before. Their oil sands business has margins that grow and grow ans the price of crude rises.

I buy with more of a 2-5 year holding period in mind and don't think six month predictions are easy to make. But feel free to hold me accountable for my track record.

SwiftBradley
08-10-2004, 04:50 PM
The world needs oil. Hopefully they find some.