PDA

View Full Version : Bet the river....RIGHT!!!

05-09-2002, 10:59 PM
I am UTG AcKc raise it comesback to be capped and the hand will be 6-way.

Flop comes 8c-9c-3s I check with the intention of checkraising. I was foiled and it is checked around.

Turn comes 5s I bet it out and get 4 callers, Now I know I am behind so unless I improve I have to check....correct?

River is Ks....do you bet this being the first to act?

Results in a later post. Thanks in advance!!!!

Swiss Cheese

05-09-2002, 11:03 PM
I bet into the field and got 3 callers...the original 3 bettor had 10-10 and the other two players also had a K, my kicker played and I took it down. A solid player questioned my bet on the river....so that is why I was looking for info. Thanks in Advance!!!!

Swiss Cheese

05-09-2002, 11:57 PM
With no raise on the turn I have to think that your hand is good after the King hits on the river. Maybe another King out there but I'm guessing you have him out-kickered. Given the types of players that seem to be at this table, if you bet out I think you get called in at least a couple of places by worse hands. I think I would bet out and call if raised.

05-10-2002, 01:11 AM
You're check onthe flop allowed someone to possible backdoor a flush. You were called in enough spots on the turn that I would fear a flush on the river.

I would check, hoping to catch a bluff, but feeling relieved if no one else bet too.

05-10-2002, 09:01 PM