PDA

View Full Version : Late Round Low Limit Play

Jae8201
08-05-2004, 05:13 AM
I have been playing the low limit tourneys $1-$5 on Stars the last couple of nights and consistantly make the money or just short of the money, but I haven't made a big cash yet. I can't seem to get over the hump and make the final table.

What is the best strategy in these late rounds to make the final table and not just cruise into the money. I try stealing blinds, but if it ever backfires, it seems to cripple me some. I usually raise it to 3x the BB, should I only double the BB, or just keep it at 3x? Any tips are appreciated.

MissOt
08-05-2004, 07:17 AM
i play in these also and have that problem. it seems like you need to get AA all in pf and have it hold up at the right time. i havent made any final tables on the late tournies, but the ones on sunday and before noon on the weekdays seem to be a lot easier and much better chance of hitting it big. its tough with 1800 people near the end where the blinds get so high and the stacks so small. you need to catch some cards and get them called thats all i can say lol because i dont have the answer myself. i have many itm finishes from 40-100 in the late tournies but i have around 6 1-18 finishes in the early mtts.

btw about the raises it really doesnt matter that much because of the level of competition is so low... if the raise is 2.5x and not 3x the bb are they going to fold QT? i dont like just doubling, but i like to raise less than 3x