PDA

View Full Version : Poker Superstars Invitational Question

Tuds75
08-05-2004, 02:51 AM
After seeing advertisments for the Poker Superstars Invitational I am very anxious for this event, but I was wondering what everyone thinks of the lineup they chose. Brunson, Chip Reese, Greenstien, Chan, Ivey, Gus Hansen, Leder, and TJ Cloutier. I like all these picks, but I would like to see two changes.

Phil Helmuth for Gus Hansen. Hansen is a VERY entertaining high action player, but Phil does have a long list of credentials (including WSOP championship) and he is entertaining in his own way.

I would also replace Leder with Dan Harrington because even though Leder is a top level player, Harrington's 2 previous WSOP championship finishes are very impressive. Also, he is a former world champ. Just seems like he has better credentials then Leder but probally won't make as the show as entertaining to the novice poker player. These are just my opinions. I would love to hear you opinions on who you would like to see in this tournament and who you would replace.

Tuds

random
08-05-2004, 05:23 AM
Odd, I would have thought they'd have Hellmuth and Negreanu in before Reese and Greenstein. Skill level aside, people will recognize the first two way easier than the latter.

BTW, what's the format of the tourney? I think I heard them say winner take all... $2mill. Surely they're not all going to pay the full buy-in. Whoever is putting the show together is going to be taking a piece of that, right? If that's not the case, it seems silly for that group to sit together for lots of $$$ just to see who is "best" on that particular day. +taxes will be a bitch.

Kevmath
08-05-2004, 09:07 AM
For the Superstars Invitational on Fox Sports, it's a 400K buy-in, with $1 million for first. ESPN's taken that idea and created a 9 person event of WSOP champions with $2 million to the winner, no word on the buy-in.

Kevin...

Nottom
08-05-2004, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
+taxes will be a bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

not for gus

FNHinVA
08-05-2004, 12:29 PM
Is it being played in the U.S.? If so, he will pay U.S. taxes regardless of where he is from. You earn it here, you pay taxes here.

coolhandtom
08-05-2004, 01:00 PM
if you read the last Card Player mag, [if not go to their website] the show has already been taped. it was a multiple day game ... says they tried to pick 9 of the best ever, all with different styles of play.. thus why Gus is in, chip is in, etc.. few players are as aggressive as Gus, so he mixes it up better than a Harrington, who plays very tight..
read the article, quite interesting...