PDA

View Full Version : Any advice for my regular game?

filsho
08-05-2004, 02:37 AM
I'm pretty sure this is the right forum to post this in, it could probably also go to the 'home poker' forum, so someone let me know if I should put it there instead.
After reading some of the thoughts on the different formats between the major online poker rooms, I began thinking about what kind of game my regular home game is and if I should have any strategy in mind for it. So, here's the info on the game I play, and if anything sticks out to you that should influence how I play at different levels or anything, I'd greatly appreciate it, as I haven't been as successful as I should be as of late.
We have anywhere from 6-10 players, start with about 500 chips, sometimes as high as 600. Blinds start at 5-10, each one doubles every half hour. Usually after 80-160 (level 5) they move to 100-200, then 200-400 if the HU match is taking a while. None of the players (myself included) have played more than 8 months, although I have done more reading & put forth more of an attempt to learn the game than the others, it just hasn't paid off. Lots of limpin usually. All-ins are common to be pushed or called with 4 to a straight or flush. Usually any A, K, or PP is played, often to a raise. I'm the tightest player in the group. With that said, any advice or things to look for? I plan on reading the new Small Stakes Hold'em, just haven't found it in a store around here yet. I think I'm in that group that I've read about that knows poker pretty well, just doesn't know how to beat what is probably an easy game.

Hood
08-05-2004, 05:56 AM
What's the payout structure? It's the 'bubble' situation (when their are 4-5 left playing and only 3 play) which make sit-n-go's unique and strategys differ from normal satellite strategy.

filsho
08-05-2004, 01:21 PM
With up to 7 players, we pay 2 spots..something like 50-20 or 40-20. With more than 7, 3rd place gets his money back