PDA

View Full Version : Huge pot K9s

05-09-2002, 12:24 PM
Commerce loose aggressive 20-40 w/ some tricky LAGs.

I have K9h on the button. EVERYBODY limps! I limp, SB completes and BB(LAG) raises. All call. Family pot, 9-handed.

Flop is: 9c8s6c

Blinds check, all check to MP(Fish) who bets, MP(LAG) who raises, the cards won't leave my hand in this big pot and I think raising is better than folding, even with this coordinated board and 3-bet. BB caps, MP1 and MP2 call, I call, 4 see turn.

Turn is: 5d

Checked around.

River is: 9d

Checked to me, I bet, BB and MP1 fold, MP2 raises, I call.

Comments appreciated.

DN

05-09-2002, 01:33 PM
I think you played it fine........maybe he had a seven with such a big lineup it's possible...he could have had a straight......so the call at the end was fine.....

BUT: he could have very well flopped a set on not bet out on the turn because of a possible straight on board and wanted to wait until the river to see if the board paired.......

I wasn't there so I don't know..

hope you won the hand.......

05-09-2002, 01:35 PM
a set is out of the question, because he would have bet out on the river, i think the raise on the end......was just a bluff move......you have to call......THE POT IS HUGE....

05-10-2002, 04:49 AM
That is surely a bizarre check-raise on the river from the MP. Definitely have to see that one.

05-10-2002, 05:09 AM
LAG showed 97o for a turned straight. I'm not sure why he checked the turn and the river, if he would have bet the turn, I could have folded even with the big pot as I was certain someone had a 7. Oh well, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

DN