PDA

View Full Version : Flopping a weak flush from the BB. How do you play it?

HentaiGaijin
08-05-2004, 12:48 AM
Here is a hand from tonight. Is this a hand to play or run away from?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, SB folds.

River: (7.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

I probably should have bet out on the river, under the "willing to call a bet, so bet" ideology. In fact, I would have probably called a raise, so maybe I should have check-raised.

How do you play a hand like this?

Sent
08-05-2004, 01:30 AM
I would've bet the river here everytime, there is no reason to think the ten brought someone a FH or something /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Sent

busguy
08-05-2004, 01:31 AM
Why would you run from this ??

You were able to see the flop for free. The flop is as good as you could have hoped for and in fact is perfect (with the high cards) for keeping people in calling your bets/raises.

I like to check the turn with a made flush (especially in EP) with the intention of just calling a LP's bet. Then on the turn you can go for the check raise.

Another might argue that you need to bet out like you did to protect your hand against another spade, but I don't think someone holding the A or K of spades is folding in this situation regardless.

I would definitely lead out on the river and if someone is playing J 10 (AJ less of a possibility as no pre-flop raise) then you pay him off.

my 2 cents.

/images/graemlins/cool.gif busguy

ThrillFactor
08-05-2004, 01:41 AM
Bet the river. 3-bet if raised.

Gatts
08-05-2004, 01:43 AM
If this were 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif4/images/graemlins/spade.gif I'd call it weak. As it is, you've flopped the fourth nuts. There's no reason to believe you're not the winning hand until the board pairs, and you've still got a damned good chance of taking it.

Does MP1 table a boat? I can't see anyone sticking in with just a ten.

cold_cash
08-05-2004, 01:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the river. 3-bet if raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second this.

sublime
08-05-2004, 01:57 AM
I probably should have bet out on the river, under the "willing to call a bet, so bet" ideology. In fact, I would have probably called a raise, so maybe I should have check-raised.

Bet the river. 3 bet if you can. If you get raised on the turn 3-bet, etc.

HentaiGaijin
08-05-2004, 02:00 AM
No boats. I won the hand.

HentaiGaijin
08-05-2004, 02:01 AM
Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP1 shows 8s Ad (two pair, aces and tens).
CO shows Ac Kc (two pair, aces and tens).
Hero shows 4s 9s (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins 10.50 BB. </font>

sublime
08-05-2004, 02:05 AM

Of course you did.

sublime
08-05-2004, 02:21 AM

Dont be scared of a monster hand. Especially if there is no evidence of one and you yourself hold one.

I played this hand 10 minutes ago.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Button folds.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP3 calls.

River: (9.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Uppercut
08-05-2004, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP1 shows 8s Ad (two pair, aces and tens).
CO shows Ac Kc (two pair, aces and tens).
Hero shows 4s 9s (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins 10.50 BB. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta love the CO who limps with AK suited, allowing you the free play. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif