PDA

View Full Version : Muscle Cars

heavybody
08-05-2004, 12:42 AM
If you could have one muscle car,what would it be? My favorite is the 70 1/2 Z-28 Camaro . I owned one and I loved it. It was fastttttt.

Boris
08-05-2004, 12:50 AM
i had a 67 chevelle ss 396 for awhile. aftermarket 4 barrel edelbrock carb. glass packs. heavy duty rear end. 4 speed muncie rock crusher. guaranteed heart attack when i floored it. it was also the biggest pain in the ass car i ever owned. driving down I-880 one day some dude flagged me down and i sold for 6k cash on the spot. don't ask me how he had that money on his person. I was glad to get rid of it.

scotnt73
08-05-2004, 09:23 AM
69 or 70 mustang. im actually thinking of buying one this year for a work car. i live in Texas so i have to make sure the AC works /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ray Zee
08-05-2004, 02:14 PM
i am with boris although i might change it for a nova with posi rear and a hurst three speed for power shifting. as thats the only thing i have ever driblin that i can power shift well.

M2d
08-05-2004, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i had a 67 chevelle ss 396 for awhile. aftermarket 4 barrel edelbrock carb. glass packs. heavy duty rear end. 4 speed muncie rock crusher. guaranteed heart attack when i floored it. it was also the biggest pain in the ass car i ever owned. driving down I-880 one day some dude flagged me down and i sold for 6k cash on the spot. don't ask me how he had that money on his person. I was glad to get rid of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

which begs the question: how did you get home?=)

M2d
08-05-2004, 02:35 PM
I used to love muscle cars. my uncle was a big mustang guy, so those were my first choices, back in the day. He still has a very nice 68 in his garage. My friends in high school drove chevelles, regal grand nationals, el caminos and the like, so I never (thankfully) got into the rice rocket thing.
If I had to get a muscle car, I think I'd go with a new ford lightning or an 87 regal t-type.
truthfully, though, I'm very happy with my run of the mill accord that I drive. I still gaze longingly at the f150s that pass me by, but I get decent milage (not a small consideration, given bay area prices), know it's going to start up in the morning, can fit my longest surf rod in it (through the backseat) and don't have to worry about resale value (I beat the crap out of my cars).
I will accept any ride you offer in that camaro, though. sweet.