PDA

View Full Version : I hit my straight- and never bet

Matty
08-05-2004, 12:21 AM
<font color="red">Very loose table. I'm new to it so no individual reads.</font>

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Grey is MP with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $1.50.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Grey 3-bets</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (15.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Grey calls, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls.
<font color="red">
I guess in hindsight I should have bet the flop for value, but I was afraid only UTG would call me if I did.</font>

Turn: (12.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Grey calls, CO folds, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (20.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Grey calls.

Final Pot: 24.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 24.75 BB, between SB, BB, UTG and Hero.</font>

<font color="red">Bet the river for value?

I get the feeling the answer is "yes".</font> /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Guido
08-05-2004, 03:47 AM
I think you mean raising on the flop. I wouldn't 3-bet because I think I'm drawing. I will do it when I think I can make the CO fold and get a free card. On the turn you get 16.75:2 and probably 18.75:2 which is about 9.4:1. I think this is a close one because you might split and even when you hit or you might be drawing dead already. On the river you hit your out, I think I would raise and call a 3-bet.

Guido