PDA

View Full Version : Limping in with A8o

Gatts
08-04-2004, 11:54 PM
PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

I'm pretty sure I didn't play this right at *all.*

How would you play this?

cold_cash
08-05-2004, 12:01 AM
I would fold probably around 99-100% of the time, but that's just me. I think you're just going to end up costing yourself bets.

kgrad5
08-05-2004, 12:02 AM
i would fold pf, but if you are going to play this hand, raise to try to buy the button. the flop is very good for you, cap it and raise the turn, if he 3 bets the turn its a good indication he might have you beat with AK, the way this played out i think he has a pair most likely KK or QQ, when he checks the river hes admitting defeat, bet, he will likely call with a worse hand (kk/qq)

Gatts
08-05-2004, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would fold probably around 99-100% of the time, but that's just me. I think you're just going to end up costing yourself bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, no doubt. I just said what the heck.

[ QUOTE ]
i would fold pf, but if you are going to play this hand, raise to try to buy the button. the flop is very good for you, cap it and raise the turn, if he 3 bets the turn its a good indication he might have you beat with AK, the way this played out i think he has a pair most likely KK or QQ, when he checks the river hes admitting defeat, bet, he will likely call with a worse hand (kk/qq)

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree on all counts. Your read's wrong, though.

btspider
08-05-2004, 12:11 AM
Raise or fold preflop, calling is your worst option.
bet the river, unless he loves the check-raise.

flop and turn are fine once you get it heads-up.

cold_cash
08-05-2004, 12:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This will cost you a bunch of bets, too. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gatts
08-05-2004, 12:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This will cost you a bunch of bets, too. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

At .02/.04 I can afford it /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for all the advice, guys.

bisonbison
08-05-2004, 12:25 AM
fold preflop. bet the river.

cartoonsoldier
08-05-2004, 02:06 AM
You can't afford any -EV plays at any levels.

Fold this PF, bet the river.

Gatts
08-05-2004, 02:58 AM
FWIW (not much), SB shows 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif6/images/graemlins/heart.gif and MHIG.

Chris Daddy Cool
08-05-2004, 03:32 AM
Sorry, I only read up to the preflop action, where it should have been Fold.