PDA

View Full Version : J9s in the SB, should I bet this river?

HentaiGaijin
08-04-2004, 09:00 PM
Here's an interesting hand. I completed in the SB with the marginal J9s and went to showdown. Would you bet this river? I did not, because I considered my hand weak and did not want to call a raise if someone caught the turn card.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, Button checks.

River: (4.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 4.50 BB

HentaiGaijin
08-04-2004, 09:03 PM
One other comment. I called the flop because I held two overcards to the board and decided that there were no strong draws (that could trap me, I could easily lay down to a heart for example). There were enough players in the pot to justify drawing to one card. If I had paired on the turn, I would have led out.

sthief09
08-04-2004, 09:15 PM
fold the flop with your pair of nothing

HentaiGaijin
08-04-2004, 10:23 PM
You're right. It was a smelly call.

vulturesrow
08-04-2004, 10:30 PM
I dunno..it was thin, but I think the odds are just about right. Two overcards + runner straight + runner flush = 6.5 - 7 outs. I dont think its a horrible, esp. if the thinks he will get callers behind..

Chris