PDA

View Full Version : The proper use of corn?

GWB
08-04-2004, 07:18 PM
Should it be eaten or waved?

http://www.drudgereport.com/jfk.jpg
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20040804/i/ra796370861.jpg

andyfox
08-04-2004, 07:20 PM
Doesn't look like Kerry's waving them, rather it appears he's milking them.

Homer
08-04-2004, 07:32 PM
I don't approve of Bush's corn eating technique. The proper method is to chew from left to right along the length of the corn. And this guy is our president.

benfranklin
08-04-2004, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't approve of Bush's corn eating technique. The proper method is to chew from left to right along the length of the corn. And this guy is our president.

[/ QUOTE ]

W looks about as competent with that corn as Kerry did in that picture with the shotgun. But then Kerry looks like he could hurt someone with that corn too.

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-04-2004, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Kerry looks like he could hurt someone with that corn

[/ QUOTE ]
It looks like he just hit Gollum/Smigel with it and he's asking who else wants some now.

ThaSaltCracka
08-04-2004, 07:56 PM
one guy looks like he is ready to kick some ass while the other looks like he just wants to BBQ.
BTW, I love the planned casual look from both..... they each look so comfortable and common.

Malarky
08-04-2004, 08:07 PM
This is easily the worst political thread I've ever seen.

YOU ARE CRITIQUING THEIR CORN HANDLING

Diplomat
08-04-2004, 09:13 PM
I personally approve of Bush's Corn Technique. Although the left-to-right technique is prefered by many and is perhaps more polite, the rotation technique pictured is vastly superior in speed and effectiveness.

-Diplomat

benfranklin
08-04-2004, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I personally approve of Bush's Corn Technique. Although the left-to-right technique is prefered by many and is perhaps more polite, the rotation technique pictured is vastly superior in speed and effectiveness.

-Diplomat

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to deduct points for several style faults. Proper cornology requires full removal of all silk before any eating. The picture shows an obvious violation. The husk should be pulled all the way back, and the ear held firmly by the husk in the left hand (assuming the cornologist is right handed). The right hand controls the nose of the corn, while simultaneously wielding several paper napkins. These are fine motor skills best performed by the dominant hand. The contestant is also using an improper stance in addressing the corn, the forward lean being necessitated by concerns about staining the improper clothing being worn. This would not be an issue if the more appropriate plaid shirt or bar-sponsored T-shirt was worn.

While most experts favor the left-to-right full row approach, there are arguments in the literature for rotational dekerneling. This is a fundamental issue best discussed in the Theory Forum.

I award a 5.2 here, with a 1.5 degree of difficult.

cardcounter0
08-04-2004, 10:20 PM
It should be turned into sour mash and brewed into bourbon.
Any other use is a waste of good corn.

andyfox
08-05-2004, 12:59 AM
Yeah, but he started from the middle. I know politicians like to have the option to go left and then right as needed, but it's inefficient for decobbing with precision.

GWB
08-05-2004, 08:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But then Kerry looks like he could hurt someone with that corn too.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.iowapresidentialwatch.com/images/cartoons/CornFightMd.JPG

Arnie
08-05-2004, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is easily the worst political thread I've ever seen.

YOU ARE CRITIQUING THEIR CORN HANDLING

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you...i wasn't sure

jagoff
08-05-2004, 10:46 AM
Who eats corn from the middle out? Where are the corn cob holders? If that were Bubba he would have some intern juice on that cob!

Ray Zee
08-05-2004, 02:24 PM
make a dam statement about how our corn in the u.s. is already over one third genetically engineered. what are you and kerry planning to propose about our food supply being genetically engineered.
and GE food is not hybrid or crossed like you might do to a tomato. it is putting genes of say a pig into vegetables to get an effect. or putting genes that resist potent poisions so that they can use heavier doses on the crops that are impossible to keep out of our bodies.

Dominic
08-05-2004, 04:40 PM
it should be shoved up the bottom guy's ass.

bdypdx
08-05-2004, 06:11 PM
As for GWB, most people like their corn on the cob, cooked, with butter, salt and pepper. Not raw...

At least Kerry isn't so stupid as to eat raw corn.

jdl22
08-05-2004, 06:20 PM
They tried in the last election in Oregon to pass a ballot measure that forced food products that used genetic engineering to write that on the label somewhere. Unfortunately it didn't pass because the opponents had a very good campaign and made it look like it would destroy the lives of mom and pop farmer.