PDA

View Full Version : subliminal add for poker book/video/software?

top2pear
08-04-2004, 06:06 PM
Has anyone else noticed that at the very end of every commercial break on the ESPN WSoP broadcasts the image of some poker book/video/software package appears on screen for about a half-second before the theme music and obligatory exterior shot of Binion's Horseshoe?

Do you think this is intentional? Is somebody paying for this micro-commercial? Whatever it is, though, <font color="red"> I WANNA BUY IT! </font>

-Syk-
08-04-2004, 07:23 PM
It's Lederers DVD, and it's not uncommon for a commercial to get cut off. It's been happening forever.

Stew
08-04-2004, 07:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone else noticed that at the very end of every commercial break on the ESPN WSoP broadcasts the image of some poker book/video/software package appears on screen for about a half-second before the theme music and obligatory exterior shot of Binion's Horseshoe?

Do you think this is intentional? Is somebody paying for this micro-commercial? Whatever it is, though, <font color="red"> I WANNA BUY IT! </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason you see that cut is b/c the commercial for the video is the National Commercial. Your local carrier (cable company or DirecTV is cutting that commercial out with their own commercial. In other words, ESPN runs a program and has commercials. Those commercials are seen nationally, unless the local carrier has an agreement with the Network to insert local commercials in at certain times. Due to satellite delay, sometimes you you see the national commercials start, then abruptly end when the local carrier inserts their local spots in place of the ones airing nationally.

Does that make sense, I don't think I explained it well.