PDA

View Full Version : Applying SSH concepts - Hand A-J

Beavis68
08-04-2004, 05:55 PM
Taking a pounding trying to apply SSH concepts on PS, playing at the super small limits until I get this figured out.

Loose table, so I raise with A-J. It just seemed unlikely that anyone hit the flop well, so a called a bet and hit TPTK.

Very surprised at the results

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Loser is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Loser raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, Loser checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO folds, BB calls, Loser calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (7.20 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Loser raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Loser calls.

River: (16.20 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Loser calls, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 19.20 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 19.20 BB, between BB, Loser and MP3.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by BB (19.20 BB).</font>

Results in below: <font color="black">
BB shows 4s 4d (full house, fours full of sevens).
Loser shows As Jc (two pair, jacks and sevens).
For some reason this was left off MP3 had 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Leo Bello
08-04-2004, 06:05 PM
I didnīt understand the surprise, guy was at BB, just completed one BB. Flopped a set. Played it ok. Had luck and made fullhouse on rive,r betted his fullhouse. Like u said u had TPTK.
So, most of the hand he had a set against TPTK.
Where is the surprise? and 44, in BB, for 1 BB is a playable hand.

SomethingClever
08-04-2004, 06:16 PM
What did MP3 have?

Bet the flop. If MP3 raises, you could consider folding, but I wouldn't for one more SB. If MP3 raises and BB 3-bets, definitely fold.

If the turn gives you another Spade, you probably know how to proceed from there.

Since you paired the J on the turn, I think raising is the right play, and then I think you have to call the river for one more SB.

Beavis68
08-04-2004, 06:23 PM
Yeah, that is why I was surprised, because of what MP3 had. For some reason I didnt copy it, and I added. I was also surprised that the BB flops a set, and doesn't bet it.

Being OOP on the flop, I am not sure if I should bet - or check/call and take a card off - or just check-fold. It seemed like the pot was big enough.

I have come up with a problem too, where I come out firing, and people just call me, don't raise - and I just give them money. Maybe I have AJ and they have AQ - and they just call me all the way.

jmark
08-04-2004, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have come up with a problem too, where I come out firing, and people just call me, don't raise - and I just give them money. Maybe I have AJ and they have AQ - and they just call me all the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah why don't they just save you some money and raise so you can fold? (especially if you keep overplaying overcards all the time). These stupid calling stations that just call call call no matter what. It makes bluffing with overcards just impossible!

cold_cash
08-04-2004, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah why don't they just save you some money and raise so you can fold? (especially if you keep overplaying overcards all the time). These stupid calling stations that just call call call no matter what. It makes bluffing with overcards just impossible!

[/ QUOTE ]

Who pissed in your Rice Krispies this morning?

(I'd bet the flop. Other than that I think you did fine.)

BradleyT
08-04-2004, 07:34 PM
That's a problem I've encountered with SSH also. Raise in EP and bet all the way with AJ and get shown AQ on Axx flop. The good thing is that I'm saving bets because they never throw in a raise. The bad thing is hands like these are hard to slow down when you have no signs that you're beat.

Beavis68
08-04-2004, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Great advice, and them not raising on the river - yeah that really makes a lot of sense now, glad you pointed out how this relates to SSH.