PDA

View Full Version : My first ever limp-raise (low content)

Guido
08-04-2004, 05:22 PM
So I sat down at a great 5/10 table and I only see small pots in the first 2 orbits /images/graemlins/mad.gif.

Then I get this hand:

Preflop: Guido is MP with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Guido raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls,

Flop: (4.40 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Guido bets</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 2.70 BB

Not a big pot /images/graemlins/mad.gif

The very next hand I get A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif UTG.

Preflop:
Guido calls, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Guido 3-bets</font>, MP calls, BB folds.

Flop: (8.40 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Guido bets</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

River: (7.20 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9.20 BB

Now that's more like it. Of course I won the hand and after that the table became better /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Thanks,

Guido

schubes
08-04-2004, 09:13 PM
Since you brought it up...

One situation I like to try for a limp-reraise is in the SB. Many aggressive players raise with any two in the BB when the SB completes HU, why not take advantage of this by occaisionally complete-raising a strong hand? And of course this protects your ability to complete with hands that don't want a raise (I'm not suggesting this with true maniacs). Anyone else experiment with this play?

Alobar
08-05-2004, 02:01 AM
I hate this play. Why give someone with crap cards a free flop HU? Most of the time your SB HU raise isnt going to get any respect anyway. Let him 3 bet it or at least call. You make more money and your hand is still disguised.

schubes
08-05-2004, 02:18 AM
They won't take a free flop. They'll usually call my raise, but if I complete they sense "weakness" and auto-raise. Why not charge them 3 bets, and teach them a lesson at the same time? This certainly takes the initiative in the hand and it seems to me that it helps you in future encounters as well.

Let me ask this: When you play heads-up (actually 2 players, not folded to blinds) do you always play raise or fold PF?