PDA

View Full Version : T,T early position

NegativeEV
08-04-2004, 05:21 PM
In levels 1-3 (assuming 7 or more at the table still) I am limping with TT from early to mid position and am only raising with it from CO or Button position if there are zero or one limper. I'm basically playing TT for set value only. Is this too tight/weak?

Eder
08-04-2004, 05:46 PM
I play it the same...so of course you are playing it perfectly...now JJ...thats a harder one haha

NegativeEV
08-04-2004, 06:06 PM
So replace TT with JJ. Where is the cutoff in hand strength when a preflop raise (or checkraise) from early or middle position is appropriate? I generally raise or CR from early/mid with QQ and occasionally with JJ if I feel I can isolate and outplay opponents on the flop. I don't do this with TT, but, statistically, an overcard will come more than 50% of the time with both JJ and TT.

patrick dicaprio
08-04-2004, 09:18 PM
playing TT this way is fine but at level four you probably should play it for a raise. as far as JJ is concerned many time i will limp and see what happens, other times I will raise. it depends on whether you will get mostof the players out if you raise or not.

Pat

Jman28
08-05-2004, 12:56 AM
Looking back at my PT stats, I've been overplaying JJ and underplaying TT. I think the faces look pretty.

Round 1, I limp both for set value but definitely won't be quick to getaway from an overpair on the flop.

Round 2, ditto, unless we're down to 7. I'd make a small raise then.

Okay.. I just realized I play it more by # of overall players and players left to act then blind size... and I'm not erasing what I already typed.

8+ : limp unless you are late and only 1 or two limp in. Then raise.

6-7 : small raise, careful post flop

3-5 : large raise, agressive post flop and then cry when you lose

2 - push, assuming the blinds are big enough (sometimes I'll try to induce an all in raise depending on the situation)

Take into account that I kinda just made these up now. I usually just play according to feel.

Now that I think about it. A lot of it has to do with how well you can get away from a bad flop and how well your opponents can do the same.

If you have trouble knowing when to let'm go, make the decision preflop to commit yourself by the size of your bet. Or, if you think you can get an AJ, 88 or worse to call an all in, go for it.

If you are good at playing TT and JJ post flop, you would think that you'd want to not put too many of your chips in there preflop, as you are going to outplay (make the correct decisions and get weaker hands to pay you off) everyone post flop.