PDA

View Full Version : women can be fuckle

06-25-2002, 12:53 PM
Spent a couple of weeks at the Taj. Am in a loose 15-30 stud game, me being the loose element..heh. I have rolled up Aces. Low brings it in, behind me is a King doorcard, and he has already reached for 15 bucks to complete. To his left is an Ace doorcard, checking out the king's intended raise and moves 6 chips into his hand. I know, I know...slowplay...but I figured I'd use reverse psychology..or some such bullcrap. I raised...you know the rest, fold, fold, fold, fold..drag the antes. I was laughing so hard that I whipped the three aces just to punish myself with the incredulous stares of the the other players...which is what I got. For the remainder of the day, every time I raised with an ace doorcard snickering would erupt and remarks like, "Hell no, I aint going up against rolled aces." would be thrown around the table. The next day, 30-60 stud, again, rolled aces. Guy to my left is the same guy from my other rolled aces hand, the one with the ace. He now has a queen door card. I figured he'd never put me on that stupid move twice and so bam..i raise. He laughs...blows me a kiss and re-raises...muttering, "You keep zigging when you should be zagging, darlin'" I shake my head and call...four way action, including pocket kings and a flush draw. Queen is checked to and on fifth comes out firing again. I checkraise..the kings call and the flush who didnt hit color folds. On sixth street I get another brick and check..no pairs on board. The queen snorts and mutters, "This isnt bridge with blue haired ladies, doll" and bets out. Kings call, I raise, saying, "I didn't pack two suit cases and fly out here on a plane to check my way through, Sir... I raise." Now his whole face darkens and he booms, "Your husband know how you throw his money away?" I rolled my eyes and answered,"We made an agreement when we got married, he makes the money and I squander it...and it just so happens that I am a woman of my word." He raises again, Kings pulls a crying drawn out fold and I reraise. He caps. River is also a brick, but this guy looks at his hole card and a sudden flicker in his eyes told me that he too missed. I bet out, he raises..I reraise..he calls. I turned over the trip aces and he stands, slamming his rolled queens to the felt and cursing in a loud booming voice, "Shit! I can't believe you're stupid enough to come out raising with rolled aces twice in two days! Why the poker gods don't punish idiots like you is beyond me!" Floor person comes over and tells him to take a seat, which he does...but his face is so red, I honestly felt he was in danger of blowing an artery and so I kept my eyes lowered and stacked the chips, never saying a word as he told anyone that would pass how "this broad raises with rolled up aces on the bring in..can you believe that!?

I would like to know what anyone thought of my deluded thinking on the first rolled up hand.

06-25-2002, 03:34 PM
"I would like to know what anyone thought of my deluded thinking on the first rolled up hand."

Bad move. If they are playing that tight, do it with an ace with two rags in the hole. You lost money. If you showed them an ace with two rags you would have still received the same action the next day.

By the way, I couldn't find the word "fuckle" in my dictionary.

Good Luck

Mark

06-25-2002, 04:05 PM
I invented the word...and will consider any unauthorized usage as plagiarism.

Thank you for the best wishes, Mark

/images/smile.gif

06-25-2002, 04:29 PM
Nice prescience, poor play. There are cheaper ways to make your point.

BTW, does fuckle mean you are fickle about who you copulate with?

06-25-2002, 05:59 PM
I'm enjoying your perplexity too much to put an end to your quandary.

Here's hoping you develop your own sex life so that you won't waste brain cells asking me about mine.

:p

06-25-2002, 06:14 PM

06-26-2002, 03:26 AM
hmmm. you and only you know the game conditions on the first hand well enough to know if raising was the proper move. but i sure like how you took complete and exploitative advantage of it. ha!! what's he gonna do NEXT time you raise with rolled up AAA?

06-26-2002, 10:36 AM
Raising was assinine in that position. So they're raising? I know I was just supposed to go along for the ride and let them two duke it out until I could come out swinging for a full bet raise. I know that. I just thought it interesting how I was able to turn a very stupid move into a profitable one down the line against an opponent that was there to see the first one.