PDA

View Full Version : Vegas trip report

05-07-2002, 06:37 PM
The plane was 30 minutes late departing and the first 45 minutes was turbulent weather , then it smoothed out until we were landing in Vegas and the plane hit a wind shear and had difficulty landing. There were some scared people for a few seconds. I thought.... I hope this isn't some kind of omen for what my poker sessions are going to be like..... but it was! Lots of extreme up and down swings.

Fortunately in the end it turned out to be profitable, fun, interesting, and I learned some new advanced level of thinking from 3 or 4 fantastic players that were kind enough to share information with me. I've always considered myself to me a human sponge when it comes to learning new information. I enjoy discussing new ideas; even when they are far out!

For the first time I was able to win slightly over two big bets per hour at the 30/60 games for 10 days - wish I could say the same for the 80/160 games but that's another story.

However, the good news was I made enough from the 30/60 games to continue my 80/160 free rolls.

It was great to meet a lot of the posters including 3 Bet Brett,

(I played some 80/160 with him and he is a smart player and a nice guy) Clarkmeister, Mike L, Dynasty and a few others I may not remember....

and got to revisit with Abdul, Jim Brier and have dinner with Tommy A, and "The Babe"

I asked Jim Brier to post about three hands for me while I was playing, since I didn't have access to a computer. Thanks to everyone for their answers.

I always consider my first day or two as Party Days...I splash around lots of chips and have fun and then on the third day I change gears and start playing to win.

So on my second day we had prearranged a 15/30 game with Tommy and the Babe.

As usual, I threw off a few hundred just having fun! (Tommy got most of them, that dude is hard to to trap!)

Next day I decided to start playing serious, I played at three different 30/60 tables and only won ONE (1) hand all day long, TRUE story! And I usually play a LOT of hands.Now all of a sudden I'm stuck $4500 and ask myself how could this happen when I was actually playing my "A" game. It can happen!!

However, on the fourth, fifth, sixth day - I could not lose a session and won over $11,000 at 30/60 and $1820 at 80/160.

Then a few days go by and I'm playing 30/60 and am up $600 and Jim Brier comes by asks me to go to dinner with him and I did. When I returned, I lost $1800 without winning ONE single hand. Then I changed tables and won $2800 in two hours and quit. Although I do play loose aggressive, I just don't usually ever have those kind of swings, more like $400 to $800 swings.

Learned a lot this trip about how to play the 80/160 game. (a separate post will be forth coming on this in about two days once I clear my desk of the 11 day back log.

Upcoming post will include:

How to trap Tommy Angelo -

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly hands I played!

Stay tuned...I have some far out hands!!

05-07-2002, 10:39 PM
Thanks, Bob!

Looking forward to your next posts. Good trip for you.

Keep up the faith!

Centurion

05-08-2002, 04:10 PM
Bob,

Nice report. I do want to know how you trap Tommy Angelo, and anyone else if possible. /images/wink.gif

Good Luck

Mark