PDA

View Full Version : $50 NL Party poker isn't what it used to be?

Garland
08-04-2004, 02:22 PM
I'm just trying to get some feedback from other players. I only play Party Poker/Empire when there is a bonus to clear and lo and behold, there was a 7-day $100 bonus if you play 700 hands, so I decide to 3 table the $50 NL. I only had 3 sets in the entire, I'd say about 1000 total hands I played and suffered some bad/tough beats, but basically broke even and then got the $100 bonus.

My question is: does it seem like the $50 NL at Party has dried up? Last time I played a little over a month ago, there seemed to be a lot more fishy players. Nowadays, it seems like it's common to only have 2 to 4 players to a flop rather than 4-6 players, even to limp in.

Garland

Sponger15SB
08-04-2004, 03:53 PM
http://sponger15sb.bravehost.com/6max.JPG

well, this is only 6max, most have been played in the last 2 weeks, i don't know if this is what you are looking for but i don't think the $50NL is tight by any means.

mctommy015
08-04-2004, 05:21 PM
i was just dealt KK in the sb, UTG raised to 5, another guy raised to 15, i pushed, the reraiser called and had JJ. he hit his J on the river, but I'd say the fish are still there :]

SirArthur
08-04-2004, 09:17 PM
For what its worth, I've always found PP NL games to be much tighter than Stars.
I always read about all these fish swimming around Party, but I rarely see them.

craig r
08-05-2004, 03:45 AM
i will have to respectfully disagree with you. i only play the $25 max NL so far and I have been at party now for 2 days and it is tons looser than stars. i don't think i will be able to go back to stars. don't get me wrong though, stars interface is so much smoother, but the profits at party seem to be much higher.

craig

p.s. i know it has only been two days, but i have been getting paid off on hands that i would never had gotten paid off on at stars.

umdpoker
08-05-2004, 04:03 AM
well, i just started playing 50nl recently (played 25nl for almost 2 months), and it seems like the fish are just a different type. they are much more aggressive, but still loose. i think nut-peddling would work better at nl50 than 25, because it seems like the bluffing stations don't adjust to the players they are betting into. just tonight, i raised preflop with kk to $5 (5bb), got called by a limper. flopped a set on a rainbow non-str8 board. so i bet 1/2 pot to keep him interested, or maybe even represent weakness. turn pairs the board. then he check-raised me allin with q high! he didn't even have a draw. he called specifically with the intention of stealing a pot from me. the problem is that he isn't smart enough to realize that by the time he check-raised me allin, i was getting like 6:1 on my money, so i am not folding! it also seems like people are more willing to call big raises preflop to try to take your stack. the problem is that i am raising so much preflop that they aren't getting good enough odds to do it.

unagi
08-05-2004, 04:21 AM
maybe i'm just inept, but i find that i play much better at $25 than at $50. not sure why - but i definitely make the same amount or more at the 25 6-max tables as i do at 50 whatever tables, with slightly less risk.. so, i stick with what works. maybe my playing type just doesn't work with these guys, as i can be tight aggressive at times but also sometimes fall into a passive mode, which is probably a big leak in my game.