PDA

View Full Version : Party Question.

Leo Bello
08-04-2004, 01:50 PM
Not a bad beat post!!!!!
Volatility there. That is my question.
I have been playing Poker at quite some time, and I am making a nice profit at Ub And Paradise playing NL 25 and 50, and at Party Poker I have difficult, guess what with THE FISH.
Example. Yesterday after 3 months away from Party I took 73 dollars that were in Neteller doing nothing. And without changing my bankrolls of Paradise and Ub went to depsoit on Party.
It was just for fun. Not being properly bankrolled I was ready to even bust out. But no problem cause it was only a test anyway).
Well yesterday night, after only one hour playing I cleared 14 dollars bonus, and managed to double my bankroll to 150.
Then I stopped playing.
Today, I went down all I won yesterday, in two or 3 hands where I got called by hands no one would. Examples: all-in with KK, got called by A8. Second hand: I had QQ, pre flop I raised 8 BB, 3 callers flopped a set with Q42. Went all-in (pot was large enough), guy called me with JK offsuit, and turn and river were 9T. The guy called an all-in with JKoffsuit in unimproved board and also called $4 pre-flop raise.
anyway, no problem... I can deal with that. Question is does it get better at higher levels?
Is it always like that?

Thanks!

TrickyTree
08-04-2004, 02:02 PM
I usually play 6 max 5/10 limit at party. However i tried out a little 6 max 15/30 the other day. I could not believe how bad the standard was even at these large limits. Capping with KTo and A8 preflop was the norm then calling 2 cold for the inside straight draw all the way to the river. Honest i couldnt believe it. It was worse than the standards at Stars 1/2 and 2/4. If you are a decent player and have the bankroll to cope with the enevitable swings party is the place to be. Im sure even a half average player couldnt lose over the long run.

bdk3clash
08-04-2004, 02:21 PM
"Not a bad beat post!!!!!"
Liar.

"Question is does it get better at higher levels?"
Define "better." It sounds pretty good already.