PDA

View Full Version : AA and flop action

Sent
08-04-2004, 12:57 PM
UTG+1 is LAG and will bet/raise with any part of the flop. His flop raise meant nothing to me. I was concerned with UTG, fearing KQ or something when he bet out again on the turn.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (12 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG shows Qd Qh (three of a kind, queens).
UTG+1 shows Ks 7h (one pair, kings).
Hero shows Ad As (one pair, aces).
Outcome: UTG wins 15 BB. </font>

-Sent

JDErickson
08-04-2004, 01:10 PM
I think you played it fine. I may have raised the turn player dependant.

easypete
08-04-2004, 01:31 PM
The stop and go usually means a good hand (if a decent player). If you don't respect the play of UTG, then raise the turn.

A decent player will just call 2 on the flop (worried about someone pushing a flush draw/free card play) and bet the turn if no scare card hits if they have a decent hand (usually 2-pair or better on the flop) as to not give a free-card.

I think you played this one well.