PDA

View Full Version : relatively interesting hand

ullu
08-04-2004, 11:58 AM
Hi all,

Playing VC $1/2 NL with a stack of approx $290.I'mdealt Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif on the button. UTG +1 has a similar stack and raises to $16. This guy isn't a maniac as such, but he'll play a crazy hand every round or two to keep the table on it's toes. The player to my right calls all-in for $12 and so do I. SB also calls so the pot is $62. I'm not worried about the SB as if the flop doesn't come with an ace, he'll be gone.

Anyways, the flop comes 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks and the villain bets $25, I flat call, SB folds as I expect.

Turn comes T /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Bet of $65, about half the pot to me and I flat call again, knowing he'll bet the river. Against a stronger player, I'd re-raise all-in here but given this guy's blinkered approach for the hand, I don't.

River comes 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

He goes all-in after a few moments thought. All of a sudden, I'm kicking myself. A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif is a distinct possiblilty, he plays his Ax suited stronger than he should, both pre and post flop. I let my timer run close to the finish and call.

Poor play?

Turns out he had 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif and was playing the board and the short stack who was all-in preflop had the case 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif with 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif to match!

Any input on how to have read/played this better would be very welcome, I'm happy with the way I played against this specific opponent in the end but I'm not sure that it would necessarily be successful at higher stakes

Tharpab
08-25-2004, 10:02 PM
Ive seen many of those 'pocket pair river rats', turns out he tried to bluff on you but does anyone know if in those situations if over a number of trials, like many many times against different opponents you will get +EV by making this call? I guess more of than not they will show a real hand, luckly this one was a bluff