PDA

View Full Version : Party Jackpot terms

L0QTiS
08-04-2004, 11:24 AM
Just noticed as I logged in (popup)

We have launched our Beta Progressive Bad Beat Jackpot! Qualifying condition is a Full House (Kings full of Aces).

So KKKAA minimum and they dropped the 1/2 tables (as discussed earlier)

krazyace5
08-04-2004, 11:33 AM
It was just QQQAA earlier, are you telling me they already raised it within a few hours?

Rudbaeck
08-04-2004, 11:44 AM
They've adjusted it up and down so many times that I've lost track. I sorely wish I'd had my only bad beat during their more lenient periods. (I got 4 sixes beat when it was four jacks or better... Grr!)

PITTM
08-04-2004, 11:44 AM
actually it was QQTTT a few hours ago, so yes, they changed it after like 2 hours, good decisions...

rj

jasonHoldEm
08-04-2004, 12:41 PM
The drop is 25 cents per pot, which isn't horrible if you want to play jackpot poker. What is completely unacceptable is the 10% juice...unless there is a huge exodus of the fish from the 3/6 and 5/10 tables I won't be going near a BBJ table.

J

The Beta Progressive Bad Beat Jackpot has been launched on August 4th. We will start with a seed amount of $5,000! 70% of the jackpot amount (when hit) will be distributed and 20% will be used as seed amount for the next jackpot. 10% will be retained by Party Poker as administrative fee. A jackpot contribution of 25 cents will be collected from the pot for every raked hand dealt on Jackpot Tables.

Fund distribution
Of the distributed amount, 50% will go to the loser of the hand (the Bad Beat), 25% to the winner and 25% will be split between the other seated players who actively participated in the hand (any player sitting out will not receive a portion of the jackpot).

To Qualify for the Beta Progressive Bad Beat Jackpot
Bad beats will be paid out on real money Hold'em games (Limits $2/$4, $3/$6 and $5/$10); available under the Bad Beat Jackpot Tab only.
4 or more players must be dealt into the hand.
Players sitting out do not qualify for the jackpot.
The losing hand must contain Kings full of Aces (K, K, K, A, A) or better to qualify.
Both hole cards must be used in the winner and the loser's hand and the hand must go to a showdown.
The hand must be raked and jackpot contribution collected from the hand to qualify for a bad beat jackpot.
If there are two or more hands that qualify for the jackpot within one hand #, then the two highest hands will be considered for the jackpot, with the highest hand being the winning hand (the winner) and the second highest hand winning the bad beat (the loser of the hand).
In the event that two qualifying Jackpot hands are hit at exactly the same time, the hand starting first (based on our system clock) will be awarded the jackpot.
Players must play their hands independently and cannot tell opponents how to act or reveal their hand to other players. Violations will disqualify the hand for the Jackpot.
Other Conditions

Jackpot Contribution will be collected only if the hand is dealt on a Jackpot Table to 4 or more players and rake is collected from the hand.
The Jackpot Contribution is collected from the pot as soon as the 1st rake is collected in the hand.
Jackpot contribution is collected only once during the hand and the value of the jackpot contribution is 25 cents.
The Jackpot contribution collected on a Bad Beat jackpot table is displayed on the right hand side of the dealer.
These contributions are added to the Bad Beat Jackpot till hit.
The current Beta Progressive Bad Beat Jackpot value is displayed on the Lobby and also on each jackpot table.

Sponger15SB
08-04-2004, 12:49 PM
isn't that the norm for B&M, i mean, the B&Ms that don't return 100% to the players?

it doesn't seem too bad?? i dunno, i'm not too sure.

any ideads on what poker tracker plans to do about this?? (ie add a separate column, something?)

gabyyyyy
08-04-2004, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
isn't that the norm for B&M, i mean, the B&Ms that don't return 100% to the players?

it doesn't seem too bad?? i dunno, i'm not too sure.

any ideads on what poker tracker plans to do about this?? (ie add a separate column, something?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes they do. They return 100 percent less taxes.

This is completely unacceptable in my opinion. Party is already getting an extra drop, why the administration fee? What makes them worthy of ten percent, for doing virtually nothing? On a similiar note, what makes them worthy of any of my rake? Their support is awful, the software sucks, and their promotions are boring. The only good thing, is the amount of bad players that reside on party. But, hell I can go to my local cardroom if I want to play bad players.

jasonHoldEm
08-04-2004, 01:17 PM
I don't know, but 10% seems oppressive...in a B&M there is a separate chip bin that needs to be counted down the amounts tallied, etc. so there is actual "work" involved in the jackpot. Once the jackpot is setup online it basically runs itself. *sigh* I'm starting to sound like one of those zero rake guys.

J

gabyyyyy
08-04-2004, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
don't know, but 10% seems oppressive...in a B&M there is a separate chip bin that needs to be counted down the amounts tallied, etc. so there is actual "work" involved in the jackpot. Once the jackpot is setup online it basically runs itself. *sigh* I'm starting to sound like one of those zero rake guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right Jason, it is oppressive. It is also down right insulting to the long term party poker customer. I mean party poker is clearly taking advantage of players with this new promotion. Of course you have the right to not play there, but you also have the right to not get ripped off either.

Vern
08-04-2004, 01:28 PM
I haven't watched any of the tables yet, but if they come to play jackpot poker for the jackpot, the games can get really good. With the qualifying hand, they will limp in with things like Ax hoping the community will bring AAxyz and someone else will hold Ay or Az. If true to form, they should be cold calling PFR's with Ax even more hoping to flop three of a kind with the high card or two pair with both cards then drawing to the loser full house. Ken Warren did a decent analysis of jackpot odds in his book and one thing that stuck out was that the odds of hitting a jackpot diminish faster than a descrease in players at the table might suggest. Almost a 25% drop in the chance of a table hitting a jackpot just form going from 10 handed to 9 handed. 7 Hand is half as likely to see a jackpot than a 10 handed, game, and the minimum 4 person table they will be taking a jackpot drop from, would be 13% as likey to hit a jackpot as a full 10 handed game.

Edited because they changed the requiment and I missed it

sthief09
08-04-2004, 01:32 PM
yesterday, it was any broadway boat (TTTJJ or better)

jasonHoldEm
08-04-2004, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the games can get really good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, and in the end I probably won't let a quarter tax per pot get in the way of sitting down in a (really) juicy game...it just bugs me that Party is raking the jackpot drop.

J

djack
08-04-2004, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Of course you have the right to not play there, but you also have the right to not get ripped off either.

[/ QUOTE ]
Um...yeah. Your "right to not get ripped off" is your "right to not play there."

This seems pretty obvious Gabs.

corn_dogg
08-04-2004, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Their support is awful, the software sucks, and their promotions are boring.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you please explain to me how their software sucks, I always thought it was some of the best and fastest.

They should just man up and have Omaha Bad Beat. Now that's what im talking about.

pudley4
08-04-2004, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes they do. They return 100 percent less taxes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you truly are an idiot.